It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Gall Bladder Questions ... new here ...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2016, 04:20 PM   #1
    lovedabeach310
    (female)

lovedabeach310 HB User
    Gall Bladder Questions ... new here ...

So i've just discovered through an x ray then ultra sound that I have a lot of gall stones. The x ray was for my back pain which they did not see anything remarkable but they saw the stones. Then an ultra sound confirmed it. So now I see a surgeon next week. My questions are ...why surgery if I feel I have not had symptoms? Also I have been having major digestive issues but thought it could be from anxiety that I have been feeling prior to this and 2) I have pain on my left side near my sides...could the gall bladder be causing this? Even though its not on the right side? Occasionally I have felt nausea but again is that due to my anxiety? Im so confused on if what im feeling is gall bladder related or not. Also...any specific questions I should ask the surgeon next week? Any help you can give would be great! THank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2016, 06:41 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Gall Bladder Questions ... new here ...

Sounds like you are having gb problems and don't realize it.. Not everyone has attacks. And if you have stones, you run the risk of one getting stuck in the bile duct and causing big problems...maybe even emergency surgery. Have it out.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:15 PM   #3
    lovedabeach310
    (female)

lovedabeach310 HB User

Thank you Titchou for your reply. I know you are not a doctor but im also about to be treated for mild depression/anxiety. Things affect me alot. I will probably be put on some kind of med. Do you think I should do this after the GB surgery? Or does it not matter if I go on the meds before the surgery? I will consult with my doctor but just wanted to get your opinion if you had one. Thanks!

Old 03-16-2016, 04:29 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

No idea. Sorry. I know people who have been on anxiety meds and had the surgery and those that haven't. I suppose it depends on the individual.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:55 AM   #5
    rainbowsrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB User

I doubt it matters if you go on the medication before...you may be asked not to take it for a few days prior
    If your symptoms improve on medication that can only be a good thing

I've read some people have stones with no trouble, but you are having digestion problems so it's likely to be the gallbladder

The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowsrock For This Useful Post:
    lovedabeach310 (03-17-2016)
    Old 03-17-2016, 06:56 AM   #6
    MisDiagnosed4yr
    (female)

MisDiagnosed4yr HB User

The back pain iS your gallbladder. I spent 4 years with the exact same back pain and they kept telling me that my back was ok and it shouldnt hurt that much. I had NO abdominal pain but when they removed my gallbladder I had a huge amount of stones. It's definitely worth getting it out because now my pain is gone!
    (Added: oh I had zero digestive issue as well. Only the back pain. It's a very unusual presentation but it definitely happens!)

Last edited by MisDiagnosed4yr; 03-17-2016 at 08:35 AM.

Old 03-17-2016, 04:20 PM   #7
    lovedabeach310
    (female)

lovedabeach310 HB User

Thank you MisDiagnosed! Was your back pain also on the opposite side( left side)? Mine is like near my tailbone and can sometimes wrap to my left hip/butt area. Never even thought of the gall bladder before.

Closed Thread