It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

Symptoms getting worse 3 months post op

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2018, 07:07 AM   #1
kelleybell HB User
Symptoms getting worse 3 months post op

I had gb removed 11/20. The past few weeks I have gotten worse. On 3 occasions I have actually had stool leak onto my underware....that has NEVER happened before. My stool is still very hard to wipe (like, it takes half a roll of tp and baby wipes to ever get clean...there always seems to be stool). Iíve been told it can take 6 months plus to feel Ďnormalí but at 3 months Iím fetting worse! I saw my GI dr again, he ran a bunch of tests and even did a fecal fat test-everything cane back normal. Iíve tried every medication recommended, nothing is helping. I take a probiotic and digestive enzymes and monitor my fat intake. Does anyone have any suggestions or can give me any hope that this will get better. I feel like a disgusting, gross, miserable person.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 03-06-2018, 07:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Symptoms getting worse 3 months post op

Hi Kelleybell, I am so sorry this is happening to you. I had my GB out last April but things got normal again very quickly afterwards.

You said you are watching your fat long as you are shooting for less than 5 grams of fat per meal, you should be okay...are you having any pain or just leakage?

It is possible that your doctor nicked your bowel.. has he considered doing an endoscopy to check and see if everything is okay? You could ask him about said you have seen the GI doctor, what about the surgeon? Maybe he or she has some ideas...I would follow up.

I have heard that for some people it does take up to 6 months before they can eat what they want and not have effects from the removal of the gallbladder; hopefully you are close to being back to normal.

Get well soon!
RRMS- dx 05

Old 03-13-2018, 02:52 PM   #3
lhind HB User
Re: Symptoms getting worse 3 months post op

Hi, have you researched Sphincter of Oddi? It could be a possibility.

Reply Reply