It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

Biliary Dyskenisia anyone? CONFUSED.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2018, 01:48 PM   #1
Huntwc1
(female)

Huntwc1 HB User
Biliary Dyskenisia anyone? CONFUSED.

Iím so confused! Iíve had upper abdominal, right quadrant stomach pain for 6 weeks. I am bloated, sometimes constipated. The pain can be very sharp or crampy. Tons of scans all normal but MRCP revealed a bit of gall bladder sludge and HIDA came back at 13.8. I canít live like this.

Iím getting conflicting opinions from GI and surgeons as to whether surgical removal will help me. I donít know what to do.

I do not have stones or inflammation, just a lot of pain and bad HIDA. Dr calls in Biliary Dyskenisia.

Anyone been in my situation? Help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Biliary Dyskenisia anyone? CONFUSED.

Your gallbladder is damaged since it isn't working properly. If you are looking for a guarantee, you aren't going to get one. But you obviously have an issue that is going to get worse. You do not want to get to the point where a lap procedure isn't doable and you have to have a full cut. Have it out. It's typically an easy procedure. Had mine out 13 years ago because of 1 stone. Am more than happy that it's gone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
Huntwc1 (03-29-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 04:24 PM   #3
Jk2
(female)

Jk2 HB User

just read your post.. I have biliary dyskinesia my Hida Scan was 27 percent my GI donít think taking it out will help 50 - 50 chance .. but he donít think whatís causing my issues .. but the surgeon thinks it would help me.. I am getting a second opinion cause I have got much worse since 7 months ago... I have a ache is my right side that use to come and go now it stays there .. when I bend or cough it hurts there too. .. nauseous . canít eat a lot of things too scared too.. bloating too.. eating cheese cause me a bad attack .. it hurt in my chest and into my right ribs and hurt me for days.. my GI doctor still thinks it not from my gallbladder! Thatís why I am seeking second opinion.. so frustrating dealing with this! I am like you donít know what to do.. but to get a second. Opinion..

Old 03-13-2018, 06:20 PM   #4
kelleybell
(female)

kelleybell HB User

My HIDA was 32 and I was told I Ďshouldí get my gb out bc it wasnít working properly. Iím in ninth 3 post op a d while I donít have any pain, Iím still having digestive issues. Iím thinking I need to cut a lot of goods out of my diet. Iíve been told it can take 6 months to a year to feel normal after gb removal. Some people feel great after gb removal, other people like me still have issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntwc1 View Post
Iím so confused! Iíve had upper abdominal, right quadrant stomach pain for 6 weeks. I am bloated, sometimes constipated. The pain can be very sharp or crampy. Tons of scans all normal but MRCP revealed a bit of gall bladder sludge and HIDA came back at 13.8. I canít live like this.

Iím getting conflicting opinions from GI and surgeons as to whether surgical removal will help me. I donít know what to do.

I do not have stones or inflammation, just a lot of pain and bad HIDA. Dr calls in Biliary Dyskenisia.

Anyone been in my situation? Help.

The Following User Says Thank You to kelleybell For This Useful Post:
Huntwc1 (03-29-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 01:21 PM   #5
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Sludge is bad...and sludge doesnt all the sudden stop. I had no gallstones, sludge and crazy pains which were so random that no one even suggested it was my gallbladder..

When no one else could figure out what was wrong with me, a GI doctor finally suggested a CT scan and Ultrasound. My gallbladder had so much sludge in it they immediately sent to me a surgeon who told me he didnt think it was what was causing my pain...guess what? I had surgery and have never had that type of pain again.

Last April they took out my GB and yes, it took about 2 months before I could eat everything I wanted...but I have never been so happy that I had surgery! It helped everything from pain to uncomfortable bathroom habits.

Get the surgery. You dont need your GB!

The following user gives a hug of support to MSNik:
Huntwc1 (03-29-2018)
The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
Huntwc1 (03-29-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 03:07 PM   #6
bilary
(male)

bilary HB User

I intially had lot of acid reflux and then diagnosed with gastritis and then bilarydyskinesia as my HIDA scan showed 0% gallbladder function, was on strict diet for 6 years with non working gallbladder, then again started to eat in restaurants which ended up with multiple gallstones now. I'm bit confused if gastritis or gallbladder is causing the problem. I get severe bloating, burping with dull pain on right side and acid reflux and sometime with dizziness. My surgeon feels , some issues might not get resolved as I have gastritis too.So bit confused now..been struggling last 10 years now, only losing my gallbladder will tell if these are caused by gallbladder or gastritis.

The Following User Says Thank You to bilary For This Useful Post:
Huntwc1 (03-29-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 09:04 AM   #7
Huntwc1
(female)

Huntwc1 HB User

I also got a second opinion and this doctor told me to get it out because Iím still having horrible pain. I am going to repeat the HIDA tomorrow and see my primary GI dr on Wednesday, I canít live like this either.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:18 AM   #8
Huntwc1
(female)

Huntwc1 HB User

Still having pain everyday to varying degrees but Iím miserable. Iím repeating my HIDA CCK tomorrow and if it is still 13.8 I guess it is surgery time even tho Iím getting conflicting opinions on whether it will relieve my pain. Iím so depressed, I have no life right now. I teach fitness for a living and am on medical leave, Iím terrified surgery will make me even worse!

Old 03-29-2018, 07:53 PM   #9
Jk2
(female)

Jk2 HB User

I got a second opinion too.. they want me to do 2 other test and see another surgeon for a second opinion from him.. like you I have got conflicting answers on what to do.. they want to a medicine. And see if it helps .. I am like you been dealing with this a long time! My first Hida was 27 percent I ask if I should get another they told me probably not it wouldnít be no better .. my concern Has it drop lower.. I think I am going to ask for another one .. he said he could do one .. but didnít think it was needed.. cause it the first one shows it wasnít working right.. but I want to know if it has got lower .. let me know what your Hida scans says and what you decide.. take care

Old 03-30-2018, 09:43 AM   #10
bilary
(male)

bilary HB User

if you have pain only on the right side and no issues on the left side like bloating and burping, there is high chances for sucessful surgery. I met atleast 5 to 10 persons personally who removed their gb for gallbladder pain, and they were doing great.But for me bloating and burping is also there and i got diagnosed with gastritis and i dont have severe pain in the gallbladder area though i have non working gb with stones, but pain on slight mid right when i eat fatty/oily foods, so i'm worried removing my gb will solve the problem or not.

Reply Reply