It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Gerd to gastritis to bilarydyskinesia to gallstones now.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-26-2018, 02:57 PM   #1
    bilary
    (male)

bilary HB User
    Gerd to gastritis to bilarydyskinesia to gallstones now.

I was intially having lot of acid reflux, omeperzole and antiacids helped, usually get pain and gas on left side.This happened in 2007. Then the symtoms continued when ever I eat fatty/oily/protein foods like 3 months once. I did endoscopy and diagnosis was gastritis, so started taking omeperzole for few years, around year 2011, I got lot of gerd and pain on the right side where I had several bloating, burping and dizziness also started. Did HIDA scan, found my gallbladder not working,0% ejection fraction- bilarydyskinesia,no stones From thereon, every meal became a problem, so I have to eat very carefully so from 2011 to 2016 where I was on very strict diet and did excercise, but still I was having dizziness, bloating burping somewhat got reduced. Around 2017 I had lot of food in restaurant which resulted in diarrhea, but after having endoscopy and colonoscopy, the results were gastritis and barrets esophagus without dysplasia and colestipol tablets helped to stop diarrhea. I was having frequent burping , bloating , dizziness and ringing in ears with sleepless night from there on.did ultrasound, showed multiple gallstones. So I have suffering for the past 10 years with bloating, burping , indigestion and dull pain on mid right. I burping almost 40 to 50 times after a simple meal.The only option left for me is to remove the gallbladder, but surgeon feels it may not solve all the issues as I also have gastritis and he also says dizziness is not related to gallbladder. So I'm wondering if gastritis or the gallbladder is causing this bloating,burping, dizziness symptoms. Any helpful response is appreciated.Im only 37 years old male.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2018, 04:12 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Gerd to gastritis to bilarydyskinesia to gallstones now.

I am just curious...if in 2011 your HiDA scan showed your GB wasnt working; why wasnt it removed then?

You need your GB out. This is causing you pain and assorted other issues including diarrhea and bloating...this is really simply to rectify! The fact that this has been going on so long- you are lucky your GB hasnt ruptured yet. Get it now= before it does!

Having had mine out recently, I can promise you it is an easy surgery and within 2 weeks I was feeling great. For about a month, I ate low fat...but immediately after that went back to eating absolutely everything I wanted!

Barretts Esophogus is nothing to play with...obviously the omeperzole isnt working for you....its time to find a new GI doctor and definately a surgeon who will remove your GB. I was told the same thing, that removal wouldnt solve my problems or pain...guess what? It did. I hope you can find relief as well...but start by getting the GB out. You dont need it and you will feel 100x better once you can eat without symptoms!

Good luck!

Old 03-26-2018, 06:18 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

OMG! Can't believe you didn't have it out! Please do it now before it ruptures and kills you! This is SERIOUS!

Old 03-27-2018, 07:49 AM   #4
    bilary
    (male)

bilary HB User

I was more scared of folks who removed their GB and facing more digestion issues and i felt my digestion is going to struggle more after GB removal, at the same time i have also gastritis which i'm not sure its due to gallbladder or 2 separate issues.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:51 AM   #5
    bilary
    (male)

bilary HB User

i did ultra sound 3 months back, it showed only multiple gallstones without any wall thickening or inflammation, still it can rupture?

Old 03-27-2018, 01:48 PM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yes! Have a friend whose u/s just showed stones and enlargement of the gb. Took it out- had gangrene and weighed 6 pounds, was on the verge of rupture. The stones are spiney and they score the inside of the gb every time they more or the gb contricts to spew the bile into your system. Do you really think that isn't damaging it? You gb isn't functioning at all. What are you going to miss about that?Maybe your gerd will be better if the bile duct is left to take care of the issue instead of all that bile backing up????

Reply Reply

Tags
    abdomen pain, dizziness, gallbladder, gastritis, gerd