It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• 6 Days Post Op Gallbladder Surgery & Concerned

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #1
    rachl13
    (female)

rachl13 HB User
    6 Days Post Op Gallbladder Surgery & Concerned

Hi all,

So, I had my gallbladder surgery on the 20th of this month. It was a long time coming too. I've had gallstones since I was 11. They never started to cause me issues until I was about 20-21ish. So, I am very happy I did have it removed as if I didn't, these terrible gallbladder attacks would continue and perhaps even bring me a worse outcome.

Anyways.. I'm quite concerned really with my symptoms I've been having since. The gas pains have eliminated a lot and I haven't really had to take a pain killer since day 2 post op. I've been doing tons of walking so it did help. I have been getting frequent nausea though and pains underneath my right rib if I do try and sleep on my left side.

Well, I woke up today in a sweat. I had pain underneath both of my ribs along with nausea and I felt a strong need to go to the restroom. I managed to go #2 and my stool was fine. It was a little firm, but I went okay. Shortly after that, I started having bad nausea with pain underneath my left rib. I am still having pain, but the nausea left thankfully when I ate a banana. Along with this, I don't know if it's related, but I've been quite congested. I have had a sore/dry throat,mucus build up, dry eyes,chapped lips and when I blow my nose, bloody boogers and blood will come out my left nostril. This could be allergies, but it concerns me.

Another issue I've been having is that my temperature has been 98.8-99.1 when I check it often. I am aware this isn't an alarming temperature as it wouldn't be considered a fever by a doctor if I was being checked out, but since I feel warm in the cheeks and neck when this happens, it concerns me. It breaks fine if I apply a cold compress to my face, but I just can't figure out why it keeps happening. My usual temperature ranges from 98.3-98.6 when I am feeling good. So, it is somewhat of a temperature spike for me. My incisions look to be healing fine. I was able to take off the bandages and gauze from my incisions and was told to leave the steri-strips over the incisions. Everything looks normal. I've had yellow bruising below my incisions which I know is normal and dark dried blood underneath the steri-strips. There's no suspicious things like pus, discharge, etc.

Do any of my symptoms sound like I should be concerned though is what I am asking. What I experienced when I woke up this morning really scared me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2018, 03:58 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: 6 Days Post Op Gallbladder Surgery & Concerned

All sounds pretty normal depending on what you are eating - which you didn't mention. Diet is extremely important at this point! no fat, nothing spicy.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:49 AM   #3
    Mahlia
    (female)

Mahlia HB User
    Re: 6 Days Post Op Gallbladder Surgery & Concerned

I ran a temperature similar to yours for over 2 weeks, it's your body's reaction to the trauma of surgery. I'd call your doctor and ask for something for nausea. I took compazine for 11 days when I'd feel nauseous and the nausea went away after 12-13 days.

Reply Reply

Tags
    gallbladder surgery, post op