It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Positive Gallbladder Removal Post Op

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-31-2018, 09:15 AM   #1
    Nita143
    (female)

Nita143 HB User
    Thumbs up Positive Gallbladder Removal Post Op

I honestly just wanted to post something positive. I know there are always individuals out there perusing the internet for answers, comfort, and advice for relief. I was one of those individuals. I felt pretty hopeless.
    I will say though, that there is light at the end of the tunnel. As much as it sucks, time is the best healing. I dealt with digestive issues for as long as I can remember and within the last few months they had gotten worse. Finally dwindled it down to my gallbladder functioning at 0%. I had it removed and was ready to feel better. Wasn't the case, as recovery was no fun for me...
    I was nauseous, I couldn't eat, I hurt, I couldn't sleep.. I was miserable. Still looking to the internet for answers and relief. I was very discouraged, and was convinced that I had gone through surgery for no reason. But like others had stated on this board, I had to give myself time. Some people bounce back so quickly and others make this surgery sounds like its no big deal, but I'm here to tell you, that surgery is surgery and your body HAS to heal.
    When you feel like your about to lose hope... and that you are going to feel like crud forever... know that:
    1. You're not alone
    2. This too shall pass.
    3. Time is healing.
    4. Be patient and kind to yourself.

Best of luck to anyone who reads this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nita143 For This Useful Post:
    Huntwc1 (07-31-2018)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread