It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Gallbladder recently removed, hoping it gets better ...

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-15-2019, 05:58 PM   #16
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Gallbladder recently removed, hoping it gets better ...

Dear Zinnia21,

When low fat still bothers us, we need to go no-fat for a week or two, or longer until it stops. For me and others of us, fairly low fat still is too much fat. Going no fat won't ruin your health and it should end the discomfort.

After the discomfort stops, VERY slowly try adding a little cold-pressed olive oil. If even that bothers you, stop it immediately.That is what we need to do when even eating small amounts of fat still is too much. A doctor is not in our body experiencing this so a doctor cannot say fat is the problem is. I for one had to completely stop fats for weeks. As a matter of fact, now many years later I still need to cut fats out of my diet ever so often, due to not being able to easily digest them.

No fat - not 'low fat'.
    No butter, no oil, no dairy of any kind, no cream, and no 'low' fat anything at all.
    No fatty meat. No salad dressings. No fast or restaurant food at all.

Just fruits and vegetables and fish (not salmon which is a fatty meat)...grill or steam the food. Do not fry it. No canned fish or other canned meat...those are all fatty except canned tuna in water. Drain off the water.

Leave the fats alone until you recover.
    You can also try avoiding spicy or acidic foods for now such as mint, tomato sauce/paste, alcohol, chocolate, garlic, onion, and caffeine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2019, 07:45 PM   #17
    Jendawn21
    (female)

Jendawn21 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zinnia21 View Post
    Hi there, yes I have a follow up with the hospitals GI doctors in a few weeks, but generally doctors and surgeons are not sure about the nausea thing as an ongoing symptom it seems.
    It went away for a couple days but then came back with a vengeance
    Either something got thrown out of balance by the gallbladder removal, or thereís another problem. But Iíve had every test under the sun before the surgery and the gallstone was the only thing that was detected. I did also have a stomach polyp, but that had a biopsy done and was not harmful or a likely cause of nausea or issues. Itís all confusing and frustrating.
    Iím eating pretty normally, but still fairly low fat. And sometimes smaller portions.
    I just have this ill feeling that is so hard to shake.
    7 weeks after surgery. No fun.
    Thanks for your support.
    Hi zinnia, I read your post and it sounds similar to mine. I had nausea for 2 years had every test under the sun. Then last month had a bad gallbladder attack saw a surgeon said it needed to come out and that my problems would disappear well that did not happen. Still nauseous gassy bloating uncomfortable and I just feel blah. It has been a month since my op. I was curious have you gotten any better?

Old 05-29-2019, 05:06 PM   #18
    jimmy-s
    (male)

jimmy-s HB User

I was concerned with bile leak as well doc said you would have fever chills etc...if that was the case. I'm hoping it just takes time to heal

Old 06-09-2019, 01:18 PM   #19
    miniguy
    (male)

miniguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB User

I was given a prescription for Zofran, the little pill, but did not take it. I ate a fairly normal low fat diet, nothing extreme. This went on for a number of months gradually improving.
    Unfortunately after 5 years post surgery and doing well, I am now having similar symptoms without a gall bladder. Am scheduled for an upper endoscopy in a few days to look at my stomach.

Reply Reply