It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Frustrated and feeling hopeless after gallbladder surgery

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-23-2019, 11:15 AM   #1
    Jendawn21
    (female)

Jendawn21 HB User
    Frustrated and feeling hopeless after gallbladder surgery

Hello all, so I had my gallbladder removed almost a month ago,because I was so nauseous for over 2 years. Well my nausea has never went away and Iím suffering with horrible pains and burning in my stomach and throat. Had an upper endoscopy done this morning and the surgeon found nothing but took some biopsies. She told my mom maybe it was in my head. Absolutely not in my head Iím in pain and miserable everyday. Idk what to do anymore Iím getting more and more depressed I canít live my life I canít do anything I can eat what I want I canít go anywhere Iím a prisoner in my own house. Has anybody gone they this Iím at a list of what to do any advise would be appropriated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2019, 04:48 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Frustrated and feeling hopeless after gallbladder surgery

JenDawn21,
    What is your diet like? Are you keeping to a low fat diet? Did you keep to a low fat diet immediately after the surgery?

I was a mess for about 2-3 weeks post op, but then I was told to keep my fat under 5 grams per meal and by following that, everything got better.

Are you watching what you eat?

Old 05-23-2019, 04:56 PM   #3
    Jendawn21
    (female)

Jendawn21 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    JenDawn21,
    What is your diet like? Are you keeping to a low fat diet? Did you keep to a low fat diet immediately after the surgery?

I was a mess for about 2-3 weeks post op, but then I was told to keep my fat under 5 grams per meal and by following that, everything got better.

Are you watching what you eat?
    Yes my diet has basically been brown rice with chicken or turkey pretzels and saltine crackers no fatty foods. Honestly Iím scared to add fat back into my diet on motherís day I had a scrambled egg and doubled over in the most horrible pain I have ever felt! Then just 2 days ago I hadnít eaten anything yet and I doubled over in the same pain. 3 days ago I tried to add alittle fat i had like a tablespoon of mayo and I was sick for 2 days so that is basically what I have tried and it was horrible. This morning I had the endoscopy so I hadnít had anything to eat since 6 that previous day and this morning at like 6am I woke with horrible nausea and just burning in my throat and that has been happening for awhile so I thought for sure the dr would of seen something with the camera but she did not and Iím just emotionally drained at this point!

Old 05-23-2019, 06:30 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Do you have allergies or nonallergic rhinitis? The PND from that can do the same thing...burning throat, nausea,etc. But the pain with fat is a tell-tale sign that you did the right thing having the GB out. But these other issues may be caused by something else entirely.

Old 05-23-2019, 06:33 PM   #5
    Jendawn21
    (female)

Jendawn21 HB User

I do suffer from sinus problems I had a sinus thing going on for about a week. But Iím over it now and still have the same symptoms. Iím not sure what PND is? Iím wondering if I donít have acid reflux that is causing the nausea but I figured if I did then the dr would of seen it today with the endoscopy.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:58 AM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Post nasal drip...it's all the sinus stuff coming down your throat into your stomach. Sounds like this may be an issue for you.

Old 05-24-2019, 02:34 PM   #7
    jimmy-s
    (male)

jimmy-s HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jendawn21 View Post
    Hello all, so I had my gallbladder removed almost a month ago,because I was so nauseous for over 2 years. Well my nausea has never went away and Iím suffering with horrible pains and burning in my stomach and throat. Had an upper endoscopy done this morning and the surgeon found nothing but took some biopsies. She told my mom maybe it was in my head. my head Iím in pain and miserable everyday. Idk what to do anymore Iím getting more and more depressed I canít live my life I canít do anything I can eat what I want I canít go anywhere Iím a prisoner in my own house. Has anybody gone they this Iím at a list of what to do any advise would be appropriated.
    I had mine out 30 days ago. Still have the right side ache and pain below the right shoulder blade, worse after meals. Went back to the surgeon she did a blood test all came back great. Doing a ct scan next week. After that its back to the GI doc. I was worried about pancreas issues but the tests eliminated that I guess. Stay the course on low fat diet, get out and walk if you can. Maybe try a new doc if the other one won't listen. Time heals all wounds.

Reply Reply