It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Gallbladder Message Board

  • Gallbladder removal and follow up just need some advise!

  • Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 05-28-2019, 08:33 PM   #1
    Jendawn21
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: May 2019
    Posts: 15
    Jendawn21 HB User
    Gallbladder removal and follow up just need some advise!

    So I had my bladder removed a month ago lap surgery. I still have had no relief from this surgery. Iím still nauseous most of the time especially after I eat and it does not matter what I eat. I have stuck to the low fat no fat diet basically have lived off chicken turkey grilled squash saltines and about a week ago gave up my multigrain brown rice as it was causing discomfort. Iíve really been wanting Chinese food so bad my mouth waters thinking about it! I havenít had it in over 2 years but I know better!! I had an endoscopy done last Thursday that showed nothing all though she did take biopsy and I go tomorrow for results not hopeful that anything will be found that is causing this. I have been having uncomfortable gurgling in my stomach after I eat anything, I have gas sometimes painful lot of bloating and I was having burning acid reflux but Iíve been taking Prilosec and that has pretty much gone away also it always feels like Iím gonna have diarrhea but I havenít yet if anything I might be alittle constipated . Walking seems to aggravate my symptoms. Sunday I ate around 530 took my kids to the fair around 830 and I was miserable it felt awful walking around for maybe 30 mins and I burped and throw up came back up and we had to leave. We are heading on a very long road trip Friday and honestly I donít want to go because Iím gonna be miserable and I feel like a Debbie downer all the time because I feel like crap all the time.. Has anyone ever had anything similar to this does it ever get better? Iím so scared that I have Gastroperesis and that this will be my life from now on! Iím only 36 but I sure as heck donít feel it.. I pray this will go away. I having been dealing with constant nausea for 2 years and had a gallbladder attack my gallbladder had sludge and had attached itself to my stomach and the dr was a 100 percent sure that this was gonna be the cure all for my problems but unfortunately it has not!

     
    Reply With Quote
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 05-28-2019, 10:18 PM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    yayagirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: USA
    Posts: 2,474
    yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Gallbladder removal and follow up just need some advise!

    Dear Jen,

    Well that is a bummer. But one month wait did not at all work for me. Hon, that you still have food issues doen't mean that the gall bladder was not the whole problem.
    This esp. seems true of you because fat still bothers you! We need to eat NO fat till we recover. Recovery is not at a set rate. Some of us, me for example, need to wait longer than others, and to eat NO fat or spice, not low fat, low spice.

    I have general digestive problems that come and go and it is not related to gall bladder as I was born with digestive issues.Most of the time I have been able to eat whatever I want as long as it is real food, not cured, etc. The digestive issues come and go over the years. I have tried a lot of different things but all that always works for me is eating very small meals, no meat, no fat, no spices, no grains except sour dough bread, no fat, and a lot less food than I usually eat. I figure I can stand to lose some weight so this is OK.

    Low fat was not low enough for me after gall bladder removal and still isn't. What works for me is eating non-fat yogurt and 'no sugar added' canned fruit.

    My taste buds loved Chinese and Mexican food but my desire for that is not worth how it feels after I eat it. This helps me avoid spicy, greasy foods.

    I drink one Activia once or twice a day, and that is helping a lot, too.
    __________________
    ~ YaYa ~

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 05-28-2019, 10:28 PM   #3
    Jendawn21
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: May 2019
    Posts: 15
    Jendawn21 HB User
    Re: Gallbladder removal and follow up just need some advise!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yayagirl View Post
    Dear Jen,

    Well that is a bummer. But one month wait did not at all work for me. Hon, that you still have food issues doen't mean that the gall bladder was not the whole problem.
    This esp. seems true of you because fat still bothers you! We need to eat NO fat till we recover. Recovery is not at a set rate. Some of us, me for example, need to wait longer than others, and to eat NO fat or spice, not low fat, low spice.

    I have general digestive problems that come and go and it is not related to gall bladder as I was born with digestive issues.Most of the time I have been able to eat whatever I want as long as it is real food, not cured, etc. The digestive issues come and go over the years. I have tried a lot of different things but all that always works for me is eating very small meals, no meat, no fat, no spices, no grains except sour dough bread, no fat, and a lot less food than I usually eat. I figure I can stand to lose some weight so this is OK.

    Low fat was not low enough for me after gall bladder removal and still isn't. What works for me is eating non-fat yogurt and 'no sugar added' canned fruit.

    My taste buds loved Chinese and Mexican food but my desire for that is not worth how it feels after I eat it. This helps me avoid spicy, greasy foods.

    I drink one Activia once or twice a day, and that is helping a lot, too.
    Thank you ya ya for your reply, Iím sorry you are also dealing with stomach problems as well, this has by far been one of the hardest things to deal with! I love food and have always been so active and an on the go type of person and the last 2 years I have become a shell of myself. Itís so depressing to be sick all the time and not enjoy life. I have 2 boys 16 and 13 and a loving husband and I know itís taking a toll on my family and everyone is so looking forward to this trip and me on the other hand is just full of dread, and honestly very sad that I know I will not get to enjoy food from other places and more than likely be stuck at my bro in laws while everyone else is enjoying themselves. Blah sorry for the pity party Iím just so over this!!!!

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 05-29-2019, 05:25 AM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: USA
    Posts: 13,069
    MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Gallbladder removal and follow up just need some advise!

    Have you gone back to your GI doctor and let them know this is still going on? What are they suggesting? It sounds like something more than your GB; this is not normal post Choly...
    I am sorry you are feeling so lousy, but keep pushing until they give you answers. No one should have to live like that!
    __________________
    RRMS- dx 05

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 05-29-2019, 08:19 AM   #5
    Jendawn21
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: May 2019
    Posts: 15
    Jendawn21 HB User
    Re: Gallbladder removal and follow up just need some advise!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    Have you gone back to your GI doctor and let them know this is still going on? What are they suggesting? It sounds like something more than your GB; this is not normal post Choly...
    I am sorry you are feeling so lousy, but keep pushing until they give you answers. No one should have to live like that!
    Yes Iím actually going back today to get results of my biopsy although Iím not hopeful Iím sure Iíll have to go back to my gastro Dr but he is 3 hrs away from me and Iím gonna be gone for 2 weeks so itís gonna be awhile Iím sure before I can get to him

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 05-29-2019, 09:24 AM   #6
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    yayagirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: USA
    Posts: 2,474
    yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Gallbladder removal and follow up just need some advise!

    Dear Jen,

    You're welcome! I am a foodie and it is not at all fun when my stomach is acting up.

    Truly I could not have eaten the way you did after my gall bladder removal. It was two months before I felt good eating regular foods. I think if you would avoid all oils and fat starting right now on you have a much better chance of being able to eat some of the foods you enjoy when on vacation. It isn't worth the risk of ruining the vacation.

    Some of us are just hyper sensitive in our gut. It is annoying if we love food. I have to literally make myself be patient to wait on the process of healing. My husband's digestive system is like cast iron and he could always indulge whatever he chose, even eating fat on a keto diet. Well he is in his 70's now and is finding that he needs to be more careful what he eats and when or he gets nauseated. Now he knows a bit of what I go through.
    it is not fun.

    But I can tell you for sure if you leave all fatty oily foods alone the faster the recovery will be. You will get there. One thing you can entirely avoid is being sick and being stuck at home.

    I could eat carbs without a problem, so avoid the fats and enjoy the carbs, for now. You will come through this.
    __________________
    ~ YaYa ~

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 05-29-2019, 06:02 PM   #7
    jimmy-s
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    jimmy-s's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2019
    Location: Maple Grove
    Posts: 6
    jimmy-s HB User
    Re: Gallbladder removal and follow up just need some advise!

    Hi Jen,

    I'm 56 and am post OP 6 weeks, still have the dull aches around the mid section and around to the back. Went back to the surgeon and she did blood work came back all good. Just hac a ct scan yesterday waiting on the results if that's good I'm going back to the gi doc to see what's up. It's all debilitating we want to feel good again but when...who knows. Hang in there all the best.

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 05-29-2019, 08:10 PM   #8
    Jendawn21
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: May 2019
    Posts: 15
    Jendawn21 HB User
    Re: Gallbladder removal and follow up just need some advise!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimmy-s View Post
    Hi Jen,

    I'm 56 and am post OP 6 weeks, still have the dull aches around the mid section and around to the back. Went back to the surgeon and she did blood work came back all good. Just hac a ct scan yesterday waiting on the results if that's good I'm going back to the gi doc to see what's up. It's all debilitating we want to feel good again but when...who knows. Hang in there all the best.
    Iím sorry your having problems as well, do you still have digestive issues?

     
    Reply With Quote
    Reply Reply




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:30 AM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!