It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Is This Normal?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-07-2019, 08:10 AM   #1
    hannahw
    (female)

hannahw HB User
    Is This Normal?

Hi all! So I posted on here not too long ago about my gallbladder surgery, and since then everything went fine! I had it on 6/28 and today is 7/7 and I'm experiencing some pain that I don't know is normal.

It seems like this healing cycle is odd. For the past week I've been able to wake up okay, but by the time it's late afternoon/early evening I'm ridiculously tired, painted, and just straight up feeling yucky, like a sickly feeling. Well last night I ate some noodles with some veggies and I started to feel nauseous, dizzy, sweaty. I have this constant pain where my gallbladder was (or general area) especially when I breathe. That might be a little gas pocket but as the night went on, I felt pain like I was having a gallbladder attack, but it went straight around my back underneath my rib cage onto my left side (started from the possible gas pain). It lasted for a little while and I couldn't sleep so I took one of my pain meds that I got from my surgery, which that just made me wicked dizzy and once the dizzy went away the pain came back. It just really worried me because I don't have a gallbladder and more so why am I feeling this pain and feeling so sick over it???

I do have a doctors appointment on 7/9 so I'll be able to talk to my surgeon about it, but I just want to make sure it's not something else or a complication. Or if this is just a normal thing people go through!
    Thank you for taking the time to read this, I really appreciate it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2019, 04:04 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Is This Normal?

It can be odd...up and down. You could still have some gas from the inflation in you that hasn't totally dissipated. Are you walking a lot? Also, what besides noodles and veggies? Was there any butter or oil on it? If so, that's a huge no-no for at least 2-3 weeks after removal and then a very little at a time.

Reply Reply