It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Pain right front/back below ribs ...

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-09-2019, 05:12 AM   #1
    Dizzyagain
    (male)

Dizzyagain HB User
    Pain right front/back below ribs ...

It seems like getting older just makes your body do weird things....and I'm only 58. For the past few months I have had this sharp pain in the right side back & front just below my ribs. It comes and goes w/o warning. Like somebody is stabbing me with a knife. I wouldn't have been concerned but it hasn't stopped. The other symptoms are oily diarrhea and lack of appetite. My family dr says it's my GB. I have had a CT & an ultrasound and they both were unremarkable w/no gallstones. Monday I have an appointment to get a HIDA. TBH, all I really want is for the pain to stop and to get my system back in order.

Could it be something else besides by GB? Could it be my pancreas? I take 500mg Depakote ER twice a day for migraines. It has a a warning that it can damage your liver and pancreas. I wonder if that could be the problem....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2019, 07:37 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Pain right front/back below ribs.....

Dear Dizzyagain,

Yep, weird things is what an aging body does!

Your description sounds exactly like Gall bladder. You are in the typical age range for it. Stabbing pain is exactly part of what a diseased GB can cause. How the symptoms present though are individual for each person.

The scan does not have to be 'remarkable for it to be your GB. The only solution is removal. The sooner the better before it bursts and causes a lot more pain and takes a long recovery. You also can find out that the migraines were caused by the diseased GB.

Listen to your doctor. I think he is right.

The Following User Says Thank You to yayagirl For This Useful Post:
    Dizzyagain (08-09-2019)
    Old 08-09-2019, 07:45 AM   #3
    Dizzyagain
    (male)

Dizzyagain HB User
    Re: Pain right front/back below ribs.....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yayagirl View Post
    Dear Dizzyagain,

Yep, weird things is what an aging body does!

Your description sounds exactly like Gall bladder. You are in the typical age range for it. Stabbing pain is exactly part of what a diseased GB can cause. How the symptoms present though are individual for each person.

The scan does not have to be 'remarkable for it to be your GB. The only solution is removal. The sooner the better before it bursts and causes a lot more pain and takes a long recovery. You also can find out that the migraines were caused by the diseased GB.

Listen to your doctor. I think he is right.
    Thanks yayagirl...I will know more after the HIDA scan on Monday. I would be glad if my migraines would stop completely too. That would be a bonus

Reply Reply