It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Pain after laparoscopic?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-26-2019, 02:21 PM   #1
    ElliottKay
    (female)

ElliottKay HB User
    Pain after laparoscopic?

Hi all, so I'm an 18 year old female and had my gallbladder removed one week ago. My incisions cause very little pain except for the lowest one, since they have to expand it (my gallbladder was infected and swollen), and I can eat pretty normally now, I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat a ton of hard to digest foods. The problem is that a couple day ago I started having super bad STABBING pains in the middle and left upper abdomen. I'm worried because of the placement and because my pain post-op was always aching, not sharp like this is. It's pretty constant but gets worse with movement and eating. I can't sleep or walk, I don't know what to do. I was told that I should feel pretty much normal by now and my mom got hers out without this problem at all so I'm getting pretty worried here. Am I overreacting? Is there anything I can do to make it better? If you've had this problem please tell me if everything is normal.
    Thanks,
    Elliott

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Pain after laparoscopic?

Are you ingesting fat of any kind and/or raw roughage (salad stuff?) If so,stop. Wait another week or two and the try slowly introducing them back into your diet. You should have done this diet for 2-3 weeks before trying fats and roughage (raw)in small amounts.

Old 12-27-2019, 12:03 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Pain after laparoscopic?

I couldnt eat any salad at all for almost 3 weeks post gallbladder removal.I could eat soft cooked veggies such as beans and mushrooms, but not corn or anything hard to digest.

As a vegetarian myself, I do eat eggs and mostly ate egg white omelets with cooked mushrooms in them, no fat yogurt and no fat cheese for the first 6 weeks after my surgery. I was craving pizza so badly that when I could finally eat cheese again, I ate a half of a pizza!

Its pretty soon to be eating regularly.... stick with no fat foods and stay away from lettuce or spinach or Kale for awhile... stick with soft veggies (cooked) and egg whites if you eat them- look up easily digestible foods and go from there.

Reply Reply