It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Gallbladder surgery complications

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-20-2020, 11:27 PM   #1
    kee4u
    (male)

kee4u HB User
    Gallbladder surgery complications

I'm a 60 year old man. I had a laparoscopy gallbladder surgery 6 weeks ago. One evening I started to have severe pain on right side just below my ribs. I had severe breathing problems. Went to the hospital they diagnosed me and the labs showed high liver enzyme and white count and fluid in the right lung. Went home after 6 days and went back in after 6 days then diagnosed me with a fluid sac that had infection. Again went home after 6 days. I'm finally feeling better but I'm still having breathing problems. I was wondering if anyone had this trouble during their surgery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2020, 04:50 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Gallbladder surgery complications

No - I had no issues at all. Was very easy for me. Sorry you've had these issues.

Old 05-24-2020, 03:27 AM   #3
    12Rosie
    (female)

12Rosie HB User

Hi Kee4u

I'm sorry you've had an ordeal. I had GB removed 3 months ago and also am having complications but not as bad as you and not involving my breathing thank goodness.

I'm surprised you had the GB procedure 6 weeks ago in the middle of this corona situation since so many hospitals are only doing emergencies. Since you have since been in hospital 2x for 6 days apiece I was wondering how did you find the primary care, did you feel in any way that the emphasis on covid interfered with your care for your problems?

How did they ultimately fix the infected sac in the lungs? Did they say it was because of the GB procedure?

How are you now in regards to GB rem
    oval? Can you eat normally?

Thanks and hope you feel better.

Old 07-26-2020, 10:35 PM   #4
    kee4u
    (male)

kee4u HB User

It's been little over 3 months after surgery. I feel so much better then I have in years. During my sickness I lost 38 lbs and still losing. My liver enzyme and white count is back the normal. My breathing is still a little off but getting better. I was told I had a enlarge heart and cirrhosis of the liver and I'm please to I don't have either one. Believe me I don't wish that I've gone through to anyone.

Reply Reply