It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Post gallbladder removal ... what happened to my health and life

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-09-2020, 11:27 PM   #1
    seeker57
    (female)

seeker57 HB User
    Post gallbladder removal ... what happened to my health and life

In 2008...I had been prescribed a medicine for another health issue and I had an adverse reaction to the med...causing me to lose 30 lbs in about 2 1/2 months...which caused my gb to react to where I was constantly nauseated. Went to Dr...he told me it would never get better and I need to have it removed. Worst mistake of my life. I didn't have gallstones or any other issues prior with my gb. I was always a very active person and my husband and I lived a very active life. Now, I suffer with constant stomach problems resulting in chronic diarrhea...resulting in an issue with hemorrhoids as well. I've been to so many doctors I've lost count seeking an answer to my health issues...in order to try to regain some kind of normal life. I've watched my diet...but it seems no matter what I eat or don't eat...I get sick and spend most of my time in the restroom. When the sudden diarrhea hits...I best be close to a restroom or it's going to get embarrassing. I kid you not...I've had some embarrassing experiences...in the years that I was working and since I retired. In fact...my health was one of the main reasons I decided to retire earlier than I had planned. I read on one of the message boards...where someone posted that if you didn't have stones you will have a worse time of it after the gb is removed. Well, I can be the poster child for that for sure!!! I pray every day with my husband that either God will heal me or that He will help me find a doctor who can set me on the right path to recovery or to be able to have some kind of normal life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2020, 06:25 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Post gallbladder removal ... what happened to my health and life

I'm sorry you have had this issue. Has no doctor offered you a prescription to help? You don't mention so am wondering if they've offered cholestyramine..or some other med.

Also, if one has a non functioning gb without stones, it needs to come out because it could rupture which can cause death. I have 2 friends who died from ruptured gb. So if an ultrasound shows stones or a HIDA Scan results are outside the norm of 35%-65%, then one should have the gb removed.

I hope you find some relief.

Reply Reply