It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Can gallbladder problem cause all this?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-29-2020, 10:42 AM   #1
    Ol'Line Rebel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
    Can gallbladder problem cause all this?

I've been suspicious of my gallbladder for years. Never been that big a deal, but I'm wondering if it might be the cause of my major unrelenting problems of the last 6 weeks.

Last night I thought of GB again, because when I lay down to sleep on my sides - either - I got sharp intense aches on my right side, like inside, and through to my back. It did so a bit when I started on my left, then I went on my back (nothing), then on my right the pains started again more generally than on left. It calmed down and I went to sleep.

But my big scary problem has been my arms - I feel sickly leaden ALL THE TIME, with burning pains down through my hands. It's also across my shoulders but the most obvious debilitating problem is in the arms.

I've gone through ALOT of testing in these 6 weeks, and my gastro doesn't think it's gastro-related but he DID openly state I could call for a HIDA or US again (had one last 2 years ago - when similar symptoms happened but not as crippling), just ask (besides SIBO, no other open suggestions).

Otherwise everyone is pointing to neurology. Which I totally understand EXCEPT for the frequent pains through URQ and burns across my chest.

Just wondering if anyone has felt this sickly feeling (sometimes includes slight stomach uneasiness) through the body with "bad GB"?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2020, 10:37 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Can gallbladder problem cause all this?

You need to have that gb out...has anyone told you that a ruptured gb can cause death? I know 2 people who died from that. It's really normally a simple procedure. If you have the HIDA, a score below 35% or above 75% is grounds for removal. Do not take "normal" for a result! Ask for the score!

Old 08-30-2020, 10:53 AM   #3
    Ol'Line Rebel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Titchou - thanks for replying.

I have not had a HIDA or any GB checks since Summer 18. Back then it was "normal" - but I believe I recall the HIDA score being very high, and they seem to think nothing of that. Where does this 35-75 range come from?

Old 08-30-2020, 04:58 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

From my doctor and other things I've read here and elsewhere. Below 35% is low functioning and so is causing pain because it can't properly inject the bile into the digestive system. Over 75% is too much bile going into your system. so that's from just a bile standpoint. The pain is from two things - the gb not constricting properly or from it constricting down onto stones - which are spiny and therefore painful.

Old 08-30-2020, 05:10 PM   #5
    Ol'Line Rebel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    From my doctor and other things I've read here and elsewhere. Below 35% is low functioning and so is causing pain because it can't properly inject the bile into the digestive system. Over 75% is too much bile going into your system. so that's from just a bile standpoint. The pain is from two things - the gb not constricting properly or from it constricting down onto stones - which are spiny and therefore painful.

Thanks. I heard it before, but do not see medical writings mentioning that. Some seem to indicate only the 35% as a cut-off of problems. I've seen other mention that hyperkinetic is NOT an issue - hence maybe why I don't see the 75% "upper limit" too much when looking at PubMeds or MayoClinic or whatever.

But, again, my MAIN alarm is my arms - both - severely "burning" and feeling heavy-laden, as when one is sick or just been exercising a good bit. This is constant, all the way through my fingers.

Does that really seem like it could be connected to GB?

Old 08-31-2020, 03:55 AM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Research biliary dyskinesia or hyperkinetic gallbladder. You'll find the percentage.

As for the arms/hands, that sounds like possibly a disc issue - pressing on a nerve. You could possibly see a neurologist or chiropractor.

Reply Reply