It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Gallstone Attack + Gallbladder disease Please help.....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-04-2003, 05:20 AM   #1
    Isaac

Isaac HB User
    Unhappy Gallstone Attack + Gallbladder disease Please help.....

I am 26yr old male, Hepatitus B Carrier. Got it since I was born. Currently working as a Marketing Director here in Asia for a bedding company. I have had a reacurring pain in my right side under my shoulder blade for over two years. Around Nov. 02 I started having a pain in my right side both the back and the front under my right rib cage. I had to go to ER because of the pain. Later the doctor found out that one of the gallstone got stuck in my major bile duct. I was diagonosed with ERCP and spent about 3 weeks in the hospital due to internal bleeding and acute pancreatitus. This Sunday, I had another gallstone attack. This time is less sever but it did boosted my Liver enzyme count and the doctor suggest me to yank my gallbladder out!! I really don't want to yank my gallbladder out so I found this website and wonder if someone can help me answer the following questions...
    1) Is surgery necessary to move the gallbladder since I had to reocurring attacks?
    2) What is the possible danger of just leaving it alone? Can it be the potential causes of liver cirrhosis or cancer?
    3) Will the surgery procedure be dangerous considering the condition of my liver?
    4) What should the first priority in treatment?

All the information and help will be highly appreciated!!

Sincerely,
    Isaac

------------------
    Birdy Birdy in the Sky,
    Drop a poopie in my eyes,
    I didn't wheep, I didn't cry,
    I just thank God that cows can't fly...
    I just thank God that cows can't fly...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 06:05 AM   #2
    auntjudyg
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntjudyg HB User
    If you have not done so already, try posting also on the Bowel and/or Digestive Disorders Boards. There are some very knowledgeable people there who might not read messages here.

Closed Thread