It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Could it be Gallbladder?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-28-2003, 11:20 AM   #1
    mom2mak

mom2mak HB User
    Unhappy Could it be Gallbladder?

Hi, I'm a 27 year old female and for the past 2 years have had on and off pain in my lower right side right under the ribcage. At the age 18, I had a gall stone pass right through me and then up until the last two years, I didn't have any reoccurance with the stones. I have had 2 ultrasounds done and not one of them showed gallstones or anything in the gallbladder. My doctor said he thinks it could be the functioning of the gallbladder, or lack thereof. It's a sharp throbbing pain that comes and goes either before eating, during, or after, sometimes makes me nausious, and I sometimes get this gurgling feeling in that same area when it hurts. Maybe it's an ulcer? Anyway, my doctor is scheduling an upper endoscopy for me later this next week to find out what it could be. I also have lower back pain, just soreness and some fatigue. Any other ideas or does this sound like it could really be my gall bladder? Doc says if it is, he will want to remove it immediately...Also, my mother and her mother had theirs out at a very early age...How possible is it to be hereditary? Thanks in advance for any info and advice!

Last edited by mom2mak; 11-28-2003 at 01:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2003, 07:04 PM   #2
    kj_slid

kj_slid HB User
    Re: Could it be Gallbladder?

My grandmother is going to the hospital Tuesday. They are going to run this tube down her throat to see what is blocking her bile duct. The doctor thinks it could be gall stones. That is what I am praying (along with the rest of the family) that it is. She's had this itching all over her body for the past month. Just a few days ago, her skin turned yellow. She went to the hospital for a few days to have tests ran on her. Came to find out..there is a blockage in her bile duct. Which means that her pancreas can't release poisons out of her system. Which is the reason for the yellow skin and itching. She feels fine. She's still weak/tired from all the blood work. She's in no pain. If it isn't gall stones, it could be a small tumor. They won't know until they do surgery. We are praying that she won't have to have surgery. If it's gall stones, the tube can zap them out and she won't have to deal with surgery.

Sounds as though to me it could be an ulcer as well as the gall bladder. It's hard to tell. I am not doctor. It doesn't sound like anything serious. The body can just be confusing. Good luck! Please pray for my grandmother. I will add you in my prayers as well. Take care.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-20-2003 at 09:11 AM.

Old 12-05-2003, 08:19 AM   #3
    Patmg
    Inactive

Patmg HB User
    Re: Could it be Gallbladder?

Hi: It may or may not be gall bladder. My gall bladder totally quit working: I had NO stones! Your gall bladder can just quit, it is a motility problem of the gall bladder. I just had mine out Nov. 6th. It was very inflammed, twice it's size, stuck to my duodenum, and full of bile that wasn't flowing. I was misdiagnosed with constipation and it delayed my surgery. I lost 25 pounds in 2-3 weeks! (I was never so sick in my life!) Since you have had stones already, I have read in medical sites that you can tend to get them again. Try going to any web site of a teaching medical college. They teach you so much! Also, you may need a test called a HIDA. This test shows gall bladder function. Mine started like yours, come and going. What happens when you eat high fat foods? Do you get nausea? I suffered a year with this. I've heard of other people suffering two years with undiagnosed gall bladder problems. My gall bladder was towards my center, burning pain in the "V" of my ribs and it felt like I had a fireball in my chest towards the end. It feels like burning gas pains and my bowel started getting majorily inflammed first. (I have IBS and my bowel hates too much fat already; add no bile to my system and I was really sick!)If you can "hook your fingers" underneath your right rib, close to the center (several docs pressed too far to the right on me and couldn't find it) and it hurts, it is probably your gall bladder. It DOES start symptoms coming and going; once it goes like mine did, it does NOT get better. Only proper tests, such as the HIDA (it is a nuclear scan) can tell for sure. Take care, Patmg

Last edited by Administrator; 12-20-2003 at 09:16 AM. Reason: DO NOT LEAVE INAPPROPRIATE CONTENTS IN YOUR REPLIES, FROM PREVIOUS POSTS!

Closed Thread