It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• IBS or Gallbladder?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-04-2004, 02:58 PM   #1
    nightangel00

nightangel00 HB User
    IBS or Gallbladder?

I have finally control of my ibs-d. It has evolutioned for sure. The only thing that provokes me D is very fatty food. As long as I can avoid that Im fine, no meds needed. This is of course still rare to me as last year I could eat the gresiest food with no problems at all. I dont take the sudden change as just ibs. Im kinda itchy to wonder now if its the gallbladder. Because the gallbladder has to do directly with the fat and people with gallbladder problems obviously cannt handle fat.

As per my research almost everybody eating american diet has a number of gallbladder stones. When people go to the doctor for gallbladder problems they have extremely lots of stones and most time they remove the gallbladder. I have been talking with two of my coworkers both his wifes had their gallbladder removed and one of them was saying that she had been suffering indigestion for many many years before she was diagnosed with gallbladder problem. After her third pregancy the pain got untolerable and thats when she went to the doctor. The usual overthe counter stuff never did too good on her stomach. Interesting thing is if she would have gone to the doctor for stomach problems he was not going to guess gallbladder and probably stamp her with ibs. So what goes to my mind is how do we know if its ibs or it could be the begining of gallbladder problems???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2004, 07:51 AM   #2
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    Re: IBS or Gallbladder?

I have read that the last part of your small intestines -- the illium is suppose to digest the fat and absorb the excess bile. If the bile ever gets to your colon it produces diarrhea.
    Some people that have their gallbladder removed because of pain and other problems like inflammation --- develop bile salts diarrhea because their gallbladder just puts out too much bile all the time. This problem is solved with a medication named Questran or Colestid. These medicines are normally used to reduce cholesterol but in normal people they cause constipation as a side-effect.

IBS has very definite symptoms that is outlined in the Rome criteria. You can find it in the thread "Worth Reading for IBS'ers" at the top of this board.

God Bless---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 02-05-2004 at 07:57 AM.

Closed Thread