It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Recovery from gall bladder surgery - a question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-08-2004, 11:15 PM   #1
    Aline336

Aline336 HB User
    Question Recovery from gall bladder surgery - a question

Hello:

I am new to these boards. I had a laparoscopic gall bladder removal ten days ago and seem to be recovering well although I am still relatively weak, with an irritated bowel. I am experiencing some drainage of clear liquid mixed with a bit of blood from the incision above my navel, as well as slight tenderness in the surrounding area (in addition to general swelling in the abdominal region). I had it checked out by my surgeon, who told me that it looked fine and wasn't infected. He also told me that I didn't need to be concerned about drainage unless it was accompanied by fever, nausea or an increase in pain around the area. He advised me that it would clear up on its own and that it was a normal occurrence after this type of surgery. However, in all the online literature I've read about recovery from gall bladder surgery, drainage from an incision is cited as a symptom of possible complications. Has anyone out there experienced this type of drainage, and if so did it develop into an infection? If not, how long did it last?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Aline

Last edited by Aline336; 08-08-2004 at 11:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread