It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• left sided pain shifts to right side!!!! Gallbladder?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2005, 07:27 AM   #1
    joelchicago
    (male)

joelchicago HB User
    left sided pain shifts to right side!!!! Gallbladder?

Hi all,

Well, my 9 months of pain on the left, including chest, under rib, and into left shoulder has finally shifted to include the right side. It's amazing, but it's actually settling in where I hear people complaining about their gallbladder. So, chronic gallbladder sufferers, if you're out there, what did your pain feel like? I'm wondering now if all my crazy pains are the result of referred pain in my crazy body - from the gallbladder. I am certainly feeling it more lately after a bad weekend of pain. Any tips other than fatty foods avoidance for care until I can see a gastro? The dr's here are booked up nearly 30 days. I fear if this gets worse I'll be in the ER! Pain is increasing! Also, I have been running in the mornings, and I can certainly feel the pain on the right side in particular, but it mirrors itself on the left. Nerves - weird things!! Just a heads up for all you people with left-sided pain. My "gas" pains are turning into something real.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2005, 11:37 AM   #2
    LorrieArmstrong
    (female)

LorrieArmstrong HB User
    Re: left sided pain shifts to right side!!!! Gallbladder?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joelchicago
    Hi all,

Well, my 9 months of pain on the left, including chest, under rib, and into left shoulder has finally shifted to include the right side. It's amazing, but it's actually settling in where I hear people complaining about their gallbladder. So, chronic gallbladder sufferers, if you're out there, what did your pain feel like? I'm wondering now if all my crazy pains are the result of referred pain in my crazy body - from the gallbladder. I am certainly feeling it more lately after a bad weekend of pain. Any tips other than fatty foods avoidance for care until I can see a gastro? The dr's here are booked up nearly 30 days. I fear if this gets worse I'll be in the ER! Pain is increasing! Also, I have been running in the mornings, and I can certainly feel the pain on the right side in particular, but it mirrors itself on the left. Nerves - weird things!! Just a heads up for all you people with left-sided pain. My "gas" pains are turning into something real.
    Just found this site. Did you find out your problem yet? I don't even know where the gallbladder is located. Is it on the left or right side? I have many problems with my left side. Pain in the lower left rib cage towards the back, feels very sore. It also feels like I have a pinched nerve under my left shoulder blade. I also get a severe pain under my left breast and it feels like a muscle spasm. I have scoliosis for sure and I was in a car accident 5 years ago where I slammed into the arm rest on my left side. To date, doctors cannot tell me what the real problems are. I have seen spine surgeon and been to some physical therapy. I'm on serious pain killers and tired of it. Hope you are doing better.

Old 06-03-2005, 05:51 AM   #3
    joelchicago
    (male)

joelchicago HB User
    Re: left sided pain shifts to right side!!!! some progress.

Still no official diagnosis for me but I'm getting somewhere.

In response to your question: Gallbladder is on the right. Your problems sound more muscular/skeletal. If you believe your problems could be related to gastrointestinal issues, check out splenic flexure (spelling?) - in a hard hit I'm guessing it would be easier to create a gas pocket in that area.

By the way all, I have found a couple things that are helping me - my gallbladder is NOT the problem. I have done a couple juice fasts for a day - just drinking apple and veggie juice for a day - that helps me "reset" well. Also, I've been taking IBS Digestive Advantage for a week and my pain seems reduced. I've been able to eat most things again. The pills really are helping though - for any of you considering the product. It's worth a shot, especially since they are giving away free trials on their website (which is what I'm using right now). I'll try anything once (I think I'm going to buy this stuff too at the rate I'm feeling better in the intestines). I still have a swollen feeling stomach (I'm guessing, since I've been on PPIs, that they still have to find h.pylori to finish this up).

Closed Thread