It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• 5 weeks post op...gallbladder surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-29-2005, 03:12 PM   #1
    jbabbit
    (female)

jbabbit HB User
    5 weeks post op...gallbladder surgery

Hello, I have been reading the boards since I had a severe gallbladder attack at the beginning of april that sent me to the er. I had 1 huge stone and gallbladder inflamed. Had it out at the end of April. Dr said to stay on low fat diet for 3 days then go back to normal diet... Well, I couldn't eat a normal diet. I tried. Pain in top of stomach...bloating...excess gas...so, he said go back on low fat for a while. I did and it did seem to help...but I just didn't feel good. I am now 5 weeks out and I feel almost 100%. I can now eat anything and I feel almost normal. I was off work a month and I know some go back quicker with the lap surgery,,,but for me,,,I wasn't ready.

My body seeded to go into shock or something from the surgery. 2 days after surgery I started my period...which was 2 1/2 weeks early. I had 4 what the dr called panic attacks. He said my body was dealing with not having a gallbladder and It would probably pass.. It did and I feel so much better.

I just wanted to tell my gallbladder story for those that have to have the surgery. Just know different pains in the abdomen might be normal for a while. The gas they blow you up with bothered me for about 2 1/2 weeks. Pains in back....stomach....back between shoulder blader. Chest discomfort.... I could not even drink diet coke for 3 1/2 weeks after surgery. The carbonation bothered me too bad. So you guys take it slow that are gonna have the surgery. Every one is different...just because some go back to work or can eat a normal diet right away doesn't mean that we all can do that.

I am glad I had it out...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2005, 10:06 PM   #2
    kehorner
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
    Re: 5 weeks post op...gallbladder surgery

Glad to hear that you are feeling better! I had mine out at the beginning of August, and I too am feeling just fine now.

Old 05-30-2005, 12:29 AM   #3
    spongebobgamma
    (female)

spongebobgamma HB Userspongebobgamma HB User
    Re: 5 weeks post op...gallbladder surgery

Glad to hear your doing good now. I had my gallbladder out 2 1/2 weeks ago. The first week or so I had horrid pain that felt like a attack when I would eat, that was on top of the surgery pain. I started feeling better about a week ago.

But now I have the diarrhea when I eat anything, even lowfat. My problem is I dont know if its from the gallbladder being out or my crohns is flaring...Im hoping it calms down but if not I will call my Dr.

Closed Thread