It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Could this be a gallbladder issue?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-26-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
    karic
    (female)

karic HB User
    Could this be a gallbladder issue?

Hello,

I have a nagging pain on and around the rib cage area that radiates up to my right shoulder blade. This happened a few months back and I did see my doctor who did nothing but examine me and say it's rib cage strain. Had me to hot presses on it and take aspirin for a few days. It went away for awhile and is now back again, do you think I should see my doctor again about this? I do sit at a computer all day and I lug around my 2 year old alot, it could be just strain like he says, but I worry that it also could be gallbladder. I've had no other symptoms and the pain is mild and doesn't get worse.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 01:44 PM   #2
    kehorner
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
    Re: Could this be a gallbladder issue?

It could be. You should ask for an ultrasound to check it out.

Old 08-26-2005, 02:38 PM   #3
    Karen W.
    Veteran
    (female)

Karen W. HB User

Hi,
    MY son had his gallbladder out this year, he is 19 years old. One morning he work up, he had a severe pain on his right side (by his rib cage), we went to the Docotr, he order an ultra sound to be done that day. When the ultra sound was complete, we had to wait in this waiting room to make sure the ultra sound came out okay. My son was in so much pain he could not sit, he was walking huntched over. One of the Doctor's who read's the Ultra sounds can out and he said that we have to say in the waiting room because they are waiting for a call back from my son's Doctor on orders of what to do. They he told us that My son has 16 gallstone's possably more, I said 16 gallstone's?? By that time, everyone in the waiting room knew he had 16 stone's cause when I freak out, my voice gets loud. Well he did have his gallbladder removed the next day. Yes my son had severe pain but I have heard of people who had a nagging pain on the right side and it was there gallbladder. If it dose not get any better, I would set up an appointment, see what the Doctor had to say, maybe request an ultra sound.
    Good Luck to You, Karen

Old 08-27-2005, 01:03 AM   #4
    meatball
    (female)

meatball HB User

Sounds like classic gallbladder but you should have an abdominal ultrasound to make sure. Good luck!

Closed Thread