It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Three days after having gallbladder removed..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2005, 04:20 PM   #1
    kops2da
    Inactive
    (female)

kops2da HB User
    Three days after having gallbladder removed..

Just wanted to tell everyone I have been reading this board and deciding about my gallbladder attacks. I finally got the tests and had it removed on Thursday. Doctor said it was very large, leathery and full of stones. One stone (which I have) is about 1/2 long. It was partially blocking the duct. Please don't hold off on surgery if recommended by your surgeon. I was able to have it done laproscopic by a very experienced surgeon and will be just fine. I am very sore and had to have a drain in two days. Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to go for help.
    Elaine (senior citizen)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2005, 03:01 PM   #2
    CarlsLuv
    (female)

CarlsLuv HB User
    Re: Three days after having gallbladder removed..

You said it SO WELL ! Dont put it off! As my surgeon told me before surgery, you can do flushes and take medication to dissolve the stones, but that isnt going to do anythng for a diseased gall bladder. I had mine out three days ago...altho pretty sore, and feeling dopey from the pain killers, I dont think it's that big a deal. My gall bladder was not in good shape either....I wanted him to keep the largest stone for me, but he said it was THIS hospitals' policy that everything goes to pathology. So I'll ask him for a detailed description during my follow-up appointment next week! lol

Closed Thread