It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Gallbladder sludge??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-26-2006, 08:46 AM   #1
    TamKS
    (female)

TamKS HB User
    Question Gallbladder sludge??

Has anyone here had trouble with their gallbladder after being on Rocephin?

I had my first stomach attack while driving about 4 weeks ago. I had to pull over until it stopped. I felt like I could hardly breathe, and the pain in my upper right side sort of under my rids going to the middle was soooo intense it was scary! I have had 2 attacks since (they were not as bad), and then last night I had a really bad one. I called my LLMD this morning, and they suspect gallbladder sludge.

I was just wondering if anyone else has been through this so I know what to expect.

Thanks so much
    Tami

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User
    Re: Gallbladder sludge??

HI TAMI..YES I WAS ON PIC LINE WITH ROCEPHIN FOR ABOUT 7-8 MONTHS HAD A GALLBLADDER ATTACK AND AT THE SAME TIME PANCREATIC ATTACK...OH MAN TALKING ABOUT PAIN..MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU...I THREW UP ALOT TOO...THE G.P. WANTED ME TO HAVE SURGERY TO HAVE MY GALLBLADDER TAKEN OUT...MY CHRONIC DISEASE DOCTOR THAT WAS TREATING ME FOR LYME SUGGESTED...SEE IF I CAN DO WITH WITH OUT GETTING INTO TROUBLE ....READ ABOUT DR. SHULTZ AND HIS HERBS. HE DEALS IN HERBS. I DID HIS REGIMN AND "HEY I STILL HAVE MY GALLBLADDER!!!" GOOD LUCK ....SURGERY IS NOT THE ONLY WAY!!!

P.S. MY REPORT CAME BACK THAT I ALSO HAD GALLBLADDER SLUDGE...WHAT A NAME UH...LOL...

Last edited by J0J0; 04-26-2006 at 09:41 AM.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
    TamKS
    (female)

TamKS HB User

geminigirl,
    Thanks! I appreciate your advice. I have been on the other boards and reading some pretty disturbing stuff about people having their gallbladders removed and continueing to have the pain and other sypmtoms after removal.

It is my LLMD who i called and so I am sure he won't want to jump into surgery, but will most likely need to stop rocephin. It has been a little over 10 months and I wanted to make it to a year. I am a little afraid of stopping it and backsliding!

I am so glad that you still have your gallbladder. Have you had any more attacks? It is so scary when the attack hits you. My first one was right after I picked up my 6 yr. old from school. I was so scared, I didn't know what was happening....I had never experienced anything like it....i pulled off the road and layed my chair back and tried to breathe through the pain. I really couldn't talk, but managed to say "I'm okay, I'm okay", as I was praying that I would be. It started to subside after about 2 minutes and my prayer had been answered. I have had one attack a week since the first one. I guess I just hoped it would stop, but last night was the worst yet, so I finally called my LLMD.

Thanks so much for your post.
    Tami

Old 04-26-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi all,

I have read about doing the Liver/Gallbladder Flush from Dr. Jernigans book "Beating Lyme Disease Using Alternative Medicine" but I haven't done it yet though I plan on it.

I know Sleeperwoken has done this "flush" and it really helps detoxify your body. I think this method is more thorough compared to Dr. Schulz but I guess you have to read Dr. Jernigan's book to compare.

If you happen to have his book, it's on Page 241.

Dr. Jernigan states that the Liver gives more pain to the body compared to any other organ of the body which I didn't know.

I believe this entire "flush" takes about 4 days to complete. Let me know what you think. It should eliminate those attacks and pains plus detox your entire body.

Guess it's time for me to buy the ingredients and do this flush as I planned on it.

Hope that helps,
    Denise

Old 04-26-2006, 05:47 PM   #5
    sleeperwoken
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sleeperwoken HB User

I did the flush and it wasn't too bad compared to some of the other detox things, but I didn't have the sludge or any pain prior to the flush. The thing is, one of my friends has gallbladder problems, stones I think you call them, and when he did the flush he was extremely sick. Be careful! My poor friend was fortunate to have his wife with him and she's a nurse, but she was really not happy when I said I was thinking about doing it. She said he was white as a ghost and his pulse dropped dangerously low. I think that is because he had something blocking and all the stuff for the flush couldn't come out.

Tami, what happened to you sounds so scary and so painful, I can't imagine how hard it must have been to console your six year old when you were in so much pain. I hope that never happens to you again!

Old 04-27-2006, 06:22 AM   #6
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User

HI TAMI...HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER TODAY...NOPE NO PROBLEMS SINCE I DID THAT FLUSH AND THAT HAS BEEN A COUPLE OF YEARS NOW..YES MY DOCTOR DID PULL ME OFF OF THE ROCEPHIN AFTER THAT ATTACK..YA KIND OF HAVE TO WEIGH IT OUT...I WAS TOLD THAT ROCEPHIN IS REALLY HARD ON THE ORGANS...I STILL WAS HAVING SMALL FEVERS EVEN ON IT FOR ALL THAT TIME..SO IT WAS TIME TO CHANGE...HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!

Old 04-27-2006, 06:05 PM   #7
    TamKS
    (female)

TamKS HB User

I go in for an ultrasound on my gallbladder tomorrow morning. I will let you all know what they find out.

Tami

Old 04-27-2006, 06:24 PM   #8
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Tami,

Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you, hope your tests turn out to be okay.

Cheers!
    Denise

Old 04-28-2006, 07:05 AM   #9
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Tami,

When I was on rocephin my liver enzymes skyrocketed from 40 to 743 and I thought I was having a heart attack. My husband was at work so I took a Tylenol and like you laid down. I slept through the night and actually thought maybe it was a herx since I'd never had one before and didn't know what to expect.

Of course the ID doctor I was seeing freaked out at the enzyme count after doing bloodwork and pulled the picc-line. He did warn me ahead of time that I could lose my gallbladder on the rocephin in the beginning.

When I started seeing Dr. Crist in October he asked me if I still had my gallbladder since rocephin is famous for this. Thankfully I do and now know to take milk thistle to help keep the liver and the gallbladder clean. Do you take milk thistle? If you don't I would recommend it for the future whether you have a picc-line or not. Better safe than sorry. By the way Dr. Crist prefers to use Primaxin or Claforam for an IV because they don't seem to cause this problem.

Hope you are feeling better now.

Maureen

Old 04-28-2006, 07:47 AM   #10
    J0J0
    Inactive

HI TAMI...HOW DID THE TEST COME OUT??? HOPE ALL IS WELL...

Old 04-28-2006, 09:53 AM   #11
    TamKS
    (female)

TamKS HB User

Hi all. Thanks for all the good info.

My sono showed my gallbladder to be enlarged and full of lovely sludge and stones. Yikes!!!!

So i was talking with my infusion nurse and pharmasist about what to do....my doc is out of the country. Decided to leave the picc in for now and maybe use one of the others (the ones Maureen mentioned) after a little break to see if my gallbladder gets better without the rocephin. Decided to just start back on minocycline for now and see dr. brewer when he gets back into the country on may 8.

It was so weird....the phone rings and it was the doc!!!! So he basically told them to do just what we had decided to do.

I don't take milk thistle, but have read a lot on this site about people who do. I am surprised that my blood work has been fine (no high liver enzymes). My white count is always low and my blood sugars. I would just think that there should be a way to keep an eye on the gallbladder instead of waiting untill one starts having these horrible attacks!!

My blood pressure has been high and I have been running a low temp also. I just pray that with stopping the rocephin, my gallbladder will get better and I won't have to take too many steps backward with my joint pain, headaches, fatigue and other symptoms.

My girls have their state tumbling and trampoline tournament tomorrow and I really don't want to miss it , but am dreading sitting in the bleachers all day!

Thanks for all your responses.

Have a good weekend!
    Tami

Old 04-28-2006, 11:09 AM   #12
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Tami,

I'm glad you had the sono done, now you know what is causing your pain. I don't know much about gallbladder stones except I thought that perhaps they have to be removed? I'm not sure.

I wonder if there's an alternative way to dissolve those stones or if it can be done by laser. What did your doctor say?

I think it's a good idea for you to be taking a rest from the Rocephin and maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to start with the Milk Thistle.

Don't worry about going to your girl's tournament tomorrow, if you can't, you can't, I'm sure they will understand that you are sick. If you can go, is it possible for you only to stay for a little while and then go home? At least you would feel better that you showed up.

Hoping you feel better,
    Denise

Old 04-28-2006, 11:20 AM   #13
    TamKS
    (female)

TamKS HB User

Denise,
    I will get some milk thistle and start on it...couldn't hurt.

I think that Dr. B is hoping that the stones and sludge will resolve on their own once the rocephin is no longer there. I will know more about what his plans are when he gets back int he country. He is always off somewhere doing research. He follows a lot of Burrascono's protocal, and I believe he is in contact with him often. He is a very good and caring doc. I had so many docs try a new med or something like that and then when it didn't work, they would basically give up and give me the name of "someone to talk to". that always infuriates me!!!!!

Have you been using all natural products for your treatment? I beleive you said you are better.... how long have you been sick and how long have you been under treatment for lyme?

I love reading those stories of people who are better finally. It is always so encouraging!!
    Have a great weekend, and thanks again.
    Tami

Old 04-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #14
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Tami,

You sound like you are in good spirits, that's so wonderful!

That would be great if the stones will dissolve by themselves, I read that some gallbladder stones are comprised of cholesterol, maybe from the Rocephin? This is all foreign to me. I'm so glad you doctor is in touch with Dr. Burrascano, he is one the best in the U.S.

I didn't always use natural products for the treatment of Lyme, when I was diagnosed after 5 years of going from doctor to doctor, I was put on Doxy for 8 months, 400 mg. per day. But after a couple of months or so, I relapsed completely and that's when someone on this board mentioned Dr. Jernigan's book and his credentials.

So I bought Dr. J's book, started reading the Chapter called "Healing at Home" and first ordered Dr. J's Borrelogen and felt a tremendous improvement from the one product. I slowly started to add more of Dr. J's products and some supplements that weren't in Dr. J's book but highly recommended by other members such as Oleda Vegi-Greens Plus, etc.

When I was in a better financial position, I started doing the detox baths (oil costs so much money and I live alone with no financial help from anyone) and between everything, I got better! So that's my story basically in a nutshell.

I think I have been taking Dr. J's products for about a year now. Wow, where did that time go? LOL!

Have a wonderful weekend and if you have any more questions, please ask, okay?

Cheers!
    Denise

Old 05-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #15
    J0J0
    Inactive

HI TAMI WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU AND WONDERING HOW YOU ARE DOING?? HOPE YOU ARE FINDING SOME RELIEF

Closed Thread