It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• gallbladder surgery -- post-op

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-31-2003, 04:09 PM   #1
    berza
    Inactive
    (female)

berza HB User
    Question gallbladder surgery -- post-op

i'm a very active, healthy, 18 year old girl with a normal weight. 2 months ago i had my gallbladder laparoscopically removed and stones removed from my common bile duct. although it has been 2 months since my surgery, eating causes me great pain. fatty foods and especially dairy cause my lower LEFT side to cramp and it feels like i'm going to explode. i either suffer from diarrhea, constipation, or the occasional both at the same time. i eat healthy (i'm a vegetarian and have been for a while) and excercise regularly (running 3-4 times a week) but nothing seems to help this. Could this be a result of my body re-learning to digest food without my gallbladder? or are my symptoms more closely related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome? can the two go hand in hand? someone please let me know how this can be handled/avoided or if i should go see my doctor.

alicia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2003, 10:35 PM   #2
    cjones

cjones HB User
    you should go and see your doctor because it may be some other problem

Closed Thread