It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Is this Gall Bladder issues?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-08-2003, 01:07 PM   #1
    coles mom

coles mom HB User
    Question Is this Gall Bladder issues?

Hi I am new to this site but was reading through many of your posts and was hoping to get some insight on my problems. I have an appt. with my dr. tomorrow for problems that I believe are Gall Bladder related. My symptoms have gotten worse over a period of time since I had my son in January.

My symptoms are: Diarrhea w/ really horrible abdominal cramps (worsened about a month ago), fatigue, sudden outbreak of acne on my face (I have never had acne before, not even as a teen), hair loss, severe lower back pain on mostly my right side, heartburn like symptoms that are not helped with any amount of antacids, a pain in my chest and upper right arm that feels like what I would describe as a heart attack (it hurts to breath when this is happening), in the past week I have had severe pain in my upper stomach (where my ribs come together in the center), itís a burning, sharp pain that causes nausea and chills, (I feel like if I could throw up I would feel better but I never actually throw up), sometimes I find it hard to breathÖalmost like an anxiety attack but itís more like not being able to take a deep enough breath to catch my breath (does that make sense?), headaches, some loss of appetite (mostly because if I donít eat, I wont hurt.).

I think thatís most of them. So what does everyone think?

Thanks,

Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 01:43 PM   #2
    Katie G
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
    Smile

Hi there. After having gall bladder disease, GERD, and IBS-D, I think your symptoms sound more like severe GERD, IBS, or possible ulcer given the fact that you've got referred pain to areas like you low back and right arm.

Gall bladder pain typically hits in the upper right abdominal quadrant under the ribs (to me it felt like when I was pregnant and my kids were pushing up under the rib cage); then pain/pressure can spread to the upper back between the shoulder blades. Nausea and diarrhea can happen with GB problems too.

However, if you're suffering pain right at the point where the ribs join and pain at the top part of your stomach, it just sounds more like GERD or an ulcer. However, I'm not a medical professional, only experienced in digestive disoders, so you'll probably find out what's going on at your doctor appointment.

Good luck and keep us posted,
    Katie G

Old 09-08-2003, 06:13 PM   #3
    suzyshop1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

suzyshop1 HB User
    Ditto for what Katie G said!

------------------

Closed Thread