It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• HIDA scan normal, could it still be gallbladder?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2003, 01:34 PM   #1
    shaylahc

shaylahc HB User
    Angry HIDA scan normal, could it still be gallbladder?

The nurse called and told my DH that my HIDA scan was normal. I haven't gotten all the details, but that is what I know.

My symptoms include severe constipation, chest pain, pain in the middle of my abdomen, and also bloating. I will often feel pain after fatty meals, and when I get a really bad flare up it feels like someone blew up a balloon on the right side--it hurts to bend over. I often find myself clutching my right side because it's sore. I have had gallstones before and I swear it has GOT to be my gallbladder.

My ultrasound showed an enlarged bile duct but no stones.

Any other ideas on what it could be OTHER than gallbladder? Or is it possible it's gallbladder? Can gallbladder problems get worse and then get better like every week or two? Could IBS be causing these symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2003, 01:41 PM   #2
    actudan
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

actudan HB User
    Yes it's possible to have a diseased GB with a normal HIDA and ultrasound. KatieG can vouch for that. I had a normal HIDA and ultrasound too but I am still focused on the GB. I am having other tests done to rule out as much as possible. With your symptoms, you could have IBS, GERD, ... That is what sucks about digestive problems. THEY ALL SEEM TO SHARE THE SAME DANG SYMPTOMS! Good luck and I know it's frustrating!

Closed Thread