It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Having gallbladder surgery next week-kinda scared

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-24-2006, 02:26 PM   #31
    pbjmom
    (female)

pbjmom HB User
    Re: Having gallbladder surgery next week-kinda scared

HEy Nal!

Good Luck tomorrow! You will be so amazed at how quickly you are done with the surgery. Get a good night sleep!

take care,
    pbjmom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 07:05 PM   #32
    crampster
    (female)

crampster HB User

Best wishes guys... I'm sure you will be fine. Let us know how you are as soon as you are up to it...
    crampster

Old 08-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #33
    mommy2brandon24
    (female)

mommy2brandon24 HB User

good luck nal! thats what the nurse told me that ill be awake during the egd and that i would have to swallow the tube but i dont remember being awake or even remember having the tube down my throat that was really weird. hope everything goes ok for you tomorrow. its getting closer for me to get it done 11 more days im getting nervouse.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #34
    denise7172
    (female)

denise7172 HB User

I was just wondering how you are now? I am having surgery next week, 3/13. I have been reading alot of stuff about people having severe nausea for weeks. I do not have stones, my gb is just functioning at 30%, I was told that is borderline abnormal...the surgeon says I should take it out due to nausea and constant ache under ribs. I am really worried about the nausea aftewards, that is the reason I am having this surgery to be rid of the nausea, not make it worse! Did you have any of the nausea? How long did it last? What helped to ease it? Thanks you in advance for any advice.
    D

Old 03-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #35
    shurely
    (female)

shurely HB User

denise7172, I had my gb removed 9/07 laparoscopy (sp?) It was no problem whatsoever. I may just be lucky, but I never had naseau or anything afterwards. The surgery wasn't bad at all. I still have alot of abdomen problems but evidently they're not related to the gb. When do you have your surgery? Try not to worry! I know that's hard to do. I'm a big chicken myself!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #36
    denise7172
    (female)

denise7172 HB User

Shurely, thanks so much for your reply. I have my surgery tomorrow morning, 3/13. I am still so very nervous! I have had 2 previous lap surgeries, they were emergencies though and werent planned. This one was planned 2 weeks ago, so I have had alot of time to stress and worry about it! The thing that worries me most, and I know I sound like a big baby, but I hate feeling nauseous and having to throw up!! I have always had problems with that, almost like a phobia! Anyway...Thanks again for your reply and positive feedback about your surgery. It really helps when you hear positive things!

Old 03-13-2008, 07:17 AM   #37
    shurely
    (female)

shurely HB User
    Lightbulb Re: Having gallbladder surgery next week-kinda scared

denise7172, I hope that your surgery went well and that you didn't get sick. I truely hate nausea and vomiting too!! I think I can take pain better. I hope they gave you some anti-nausea meds. I always ask for phenergan after surgery to take with the pain meds because they all make me sick. Just a suggestion, when I got home from surgery, I walked around alot that evening because it seems to help with the gas left from surgery. (That can be terrible can't it?) It also helps with soreness because it hasn't really set in yet. I hope that you're feeling good though and that you have a speedy recovery. Let me know ok?

Old 03-14-2008, 03:28 PM   #38
    denise7172
    (female)

denise7172 HB User

Hi Shurely, I had my surgery yesterday. I'm sore today which is to be expected. I had a really good anethesiologist. He gave me 2 different anti-nausea meds in my I.V. plus a patch behind my ear for nausea, I have to remove it tomorrow. So far, so good. I just don't want to "brag" too soon.... I'm eating very light, what did you eat afterwards, were you on a low fat diet? Thanks so much for thinkin of me and for the encouragement. I hope you have a nice weekend.
    Donna

Old 03-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #39
    shurely
    (female)

shurely HB User

Hi Donna! I'm so glad that your surgery went well and that you're feeling ok. Great that you had such a good anesth.(that's as far as I can spell that!) I hope that you still don't get nausea later. Have you had to take pain meds? I did eat light for a few days. Applesauce, jello and such. I hope that you have a good weekend also. Take it easy for awhile.

Closed Thread