It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Gall Bladder removed... and now Reflux????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
    trailb
    (female)

trailb HB User
    Gall Bladder removed... and now Reflux????

hi,

I just had my Gall Bladder out 4 days ago (Lap Chole). I have been taking Nexium for two years, and perhaps think the problem was my Gall Bladder. Well... that seems fine, im healing and seem to be right on track. Big problem now.... My throat is KILLING MEconstantly... raw, burning.., and I burp and seem to regurgitate (i know TMI... sorry) What is this??? it is ABSOLUTELY horrible. I am taking nexium, and rolaids, with no changes at all.. Is removing my Gall Bladder causing a new problem????
    PLease help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2006, 05:13 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Gall Bladder removed... and now Reflux????

What's your diet like? Staying off fats and spicey foods? Also, are you still on pain meds? All may be contributing...

Old 09-25-2006, 05:27 PM   #3
    Capistrano
    (female)

Capistrano HB User

I had throat surgery for sleep apnea in July 05 and then developed acid reflux.
    Maybe the experience of having surgery brings to the forefront certain pre-existing conditions. It certainly is a drag to have to deal with a new health issue when recovering from a major procedure. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #4
    MFord1206
    (female)

MFord1206 HB User

Trailb,

I had my gallbladder out about 6 months ago, and developed acid reflux after the surgery. I had never in my life had acid reflux before, and now, after the surgery, I have it bad. My surgeon put me on Protonix, and then my GI doc put me on Carafate to help with it. After taking those for several months, the heartburn and reflux has diminished. I still get it, but only after eating things that I shouldn't, like pizza. My GI did mention to me that it could be bile reflux, brought on by the surgery. Since the gallbladder is gone, the bile is continually flowing into the small intestine, and can sometimes flow back into the stomach, causing reflux.

Megan

Closed Thread