It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• I'm scared, think I'm having a gallbladder attack

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2006, 09:09 PM   #1
    miche31
    Veteran
    (female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User
    I'm scared, think I'm having a gallbladder attack

I woke up this morning and had really bad pain under my right rib area, where the liver and gallbladder are. It's been all day. I'm really scared to go in, because I don't want them to say it's something really bad like emergency surgery from a stuck gallstone. It seems like every other day I have something wrong. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but this pain is for real. I have not ate the whole day today, and I have all the gallbladder pain symptoms - bad pain in the right rib cage/stomache area, radiating around to my back, nauseated, dizzy, indigestion and major heartburn.
    I know that if it is still real painful tomorrow I have to go in and get it looked at, just praying that it will subside tonight. Any encouraging thoughts or words would be very grateful. Thank you, Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #2
    smurfy33
    (female)

smurfy33 HB User
    Re: I'm scared, think I'm having a gallbladder attack

Miche31 - I have had 2 bouts of the same thing except without the dizziness. Luckily, mine went away within a day both times. It does sound like it's your gallbladder to me. I think if it is there in the morning, you should see your doctor. My mom suffered with pain like this everyday for months until she finally went to the doctor. Take it easy and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Old 10-12-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
    Leela_C
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Leela_C HB User

Hi Michelle. I hope you're feeling better this morning. It could have just been gas. But if the pain persists, you should go get it checked out. I actually just had an abdominal ultrasound and am getting an endoscopy tomorrow because I have been having pain from acid reflux. Even if it is a gallstone, it usually isn't a big deal. I think they can even remove it during outpatient surgery. Feel better!

Old 10-12-2006, 09:26 AM   #4
    miche31
    Veteran
    (female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User

Hi guys, after a restless and painful night, I called my Dr. this morning and I'm waiting to hear back from her. I guess she is double booked today. So if she gets me in, I have to wait awhile, and she doesn't have an ultrasound in her office, so then I will have to go to the hospital to get that done. I am really really scared, because one of my biggest fears in life is having surgery. I don't want someone to knock me out, I guess it's me not being in control of my own body. (I wish they had the holter monitor on me now, because my heart is a nightmare right now) Besides, my husband is out of state right now, and I dont have anyone to help me with the kids. Really bad time for all this. I don't even have a ride into town, and I want to take a Xanax before I go because I know I will freak out.
    Leela, I would be scared to death to get an endoscopy done. Just getting near the hospital scares me. Big big phobia. I envy you. Michelle

Old 10-12-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
    anxiousagain
    (female)

anxiousagain HB Useranxiousagain HB User

Hi Michelle,

I can totallly relate to your fears. When I had a slew of medical tests my last bout with anxiety, it was discovered that I had two small gallstones. These days, having a gall bladder attack is one of my worst fears. I have severe health anxiety and catastropize every twinge of pain. The thought of hospitals terrifies me too, but surgery is almost unbearable for me to think about. The good news is, the ultrasound is a breeze and gall bladder surgery these days is pretty routine. A friend of mine had hers done outpatient. When my doctor brought up the prospect with me a few years ago (I never followed through since my gastro said he didn't think my gall bladder was the cause of my problems), he said it would be one night in the hospital...released the next morning. Try not to sweat it, but I would be too if I were in your position.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #6
    Leela_C
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Leela_C HB User

Hey Michelle. I probably would be scared, but I had a colonoscopy done by the same doctor earlier in the year and that went fine, so surprisingly I'm not worried about this. I'm sure I will go into panic mode when I wake up tomorrow, but so far I'm not even thinking about it. When I went for my colonoscopy I was a wreck. As soon as they called my name I started crying. My pulse was way over 100 and my blood pressure was like 150 over something. I came through that with no problems. If you are having stomach problems, you should probably go see a gastro doc. A lot of them do procedures such as endoscopy right in their offices. My gastro doc is probably the nicest doc I have (and I have a bunch of them). I hope you feel better soon!

LeeAnn

Last edited by msmod; 10-12-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Closed Thread