It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Hiatal Hernia and Gall Bladder

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
    CrazyLife414
    Veteran
    (female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User
    Hiatal Hernia and Gall Bladder

Can anyone tell me if a Hiatal Hernia gets worse when you bend over or sit for long periods of time?????
    I am 45 and a little heavier than I should be..Oh and I am female. Non smoker, non drinker (though I feel like starting lately). I have stress in my life, but who doesn't and have 2 small children and a husband that really is not home much due to his job. I am wondering if I have a hiatal hernia as well as GERD or gall bladder issues. I just need someone to let me know how they felt or how they knew they had either of these issues.
    I know that I have GERD, but sometimes I really have bad attacks and feel like it is more. This has been going on for 3 years and my doctors are really no help...I am actually going to a new doc next week to see if I am crazy or what..Ha Ha Ha.

Anyway, thanks for the help, I know everyone is different, but I just wonder about symptoms and what makes it worse.

Thanks,
    Crazy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
    dougrobin01
    (female)

dougrobin01 HB User
    Re: Hiatal Hernia and Gall Bladder

Hi, sorry for your tummy problems. I found out I had a hernia when my Gastro did an upper endoscopy. I produce way too much acid for one thing so it was backing up in my throat. The only med in the world that helps me with the acid and GERD is Omeprazole (Prilosec). Doc said surgery on a hernia is last resort. As long as I have Prilosec I'm o.k. Unfortunately, I still have lots of other stomach problems (IBS, gas, etc) so feeling good is very rare for me. I had gallbladder removed due to big stone. My doc knew something wasn't right because he kept on having to raise my meds because the acid got worse and I had three horrible attacks that felt like a heart attack. Pain in middle of chest/upper abdomen, radiating around the right side around to my back w/ lots of nausea. Should not have let it get that far but I did. I don't like to complain. After my doc told me I could have died, I complain alot now, ha! Still have lots of tummy trouble but nothing that will kill me I don't think. I've had this doc for 11 years now and that's what makes a difference. You need to stop guessing what's wrong and stop putting it off. Go and demand some tests. Do the upper endoscopy. It sounds scary but let me tell you, the amount of drugs they give you will make you wish you'd done this two years ago. They told me I was talking and helping them swallow the scope and everything. I remember nothing and had no after effects. Good luck!

Closed Thread