It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Pancreatitis? Gallbladder cleaner?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-29-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
    KonaKid
    Inactive
    (male)

KonaKid HB User
    Pancreatitis? Gallbladder cleaner?

Do you have it? How long? What do you eat? Or can you eat? I can't. Found out a month ago that I have it. It is brutal. Went to ER after four months of pain and problems (was in rehad for eight days after nine years of prescribtion med use --esp. Fentanyl--for the pain that three back and two neck surgeries would not stop. Knew somthing was wrong from the moment I notice pain in gut and disstention)--thought it was my back causing colon not to work (nerve damage--like bladder not working)..leave the ER with the news that have Pancreatitis.

What do you do? What exactly is happening to my pancreas? The doc told me I could die. Well, if I have to die, so be it. It would be nice to know that it will be quick.

Anyone use gallbladder cleaner to get rid of pancreatitis (I wonder--is it really possible to get rid of it--from what I read, tissue damage is tissue damage..can't stop or get rid of it)...yet, heard some guy named Dr. Marshall on radio, oddly enough, I once heard him last year, then found out I have pancreatitis this year...turn on radio..there he is talking about gallbladder cleaner...never mentions pancreatitis though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #2
    Sisty
    (female)

Sisty HB User
    Re: Pancreatitis? Gallbladder cleaner?

Sorry to hear that. Can I ask how they diagnoised you with Pancreatitis. I have been haivng symptoms but all tests heve come back clear keep saying is is IBS.

(QUOTE Removed)

Last edited by moderator4; 06-20-2008 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Quote unnecessary

Old 05-29-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
    Linda_in_NJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

You need to take this disease very seriously. Did they take blood tests? If not, they need to do that immediately. The blood work will show how your lipids and enysmes are. Your body can go septic from pancreatitis. All the poison will go into your blood stream and cause organ failure. I don't mean to scare you, but you do need to see someone right away. Gallbladder cleaner will not take care of pancreatitis

For Sisty, I also have IBS and believe me, it is very painful. If you had pancreatitis, you will have fever, nausea, and a horrible pain right in your gut area. Right between the ribs. The pain is unbearable. I think you know the difference. Good luck

Last edited by Linda_in_NJ; 05-29-2007 at 12:05 PM. Reason: addition

Old 05-29-2007, 12:08 PM   #4
    Linda_in_NJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

PS The only way to get rid of pancreatitis is by antibotics by IV and to rest your pancrease by not eating solid foods for several days. Clear liquids will help. Juices, broths, italian ices etc.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:04 AM   #5
    KonaKid
    Inactive
    (male)

KonaKid HB User

(QUOTE Removed)

Exactly! Right between the rids. I always feel like I'm going to throw-up...and yeah, horrrible pain in gut. I have blood test twice, and told I have it...I knew something was wrong for last four months...that middle of rid cage deal...I thought I hurt my sternum in rehad....Years ago told I had IBS..took meds and cleared up...So pancreatitis is a disease?

Last edited by moderator4; 06-20-2008 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Quote unnecessary

Old 05-31-2007, 10:06 AM   #6
    KonaKid
    Inactive
    (male)

KonaKid HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Linda_in_NJ View Post
    PS The only way to get rid of pancreatitis is by antibotics by IV and to rest your pancrease by not eating solid foods for several days. Clear liquids will help. Juices, broths, italian ices etc.
    You can rid yourself of pancreatitis? You mean for a moment. Like what I read about flare-ups. What I've read is once ya have it, that's it, ya have it. There isn't much that can be done--though I'm just learning about this myself.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:07 AM   #7
    HorseBreeder07
    (female)

HorseBreeder07 HB User

Hello,

New to the board. I came looking for information about Gallbladder failure or what else might be causing my symptoms. It looks like I could have the refered pain (left side instead of right) of a failing gallbladder, but the symptoms you described for Pancreatitis seem very familiar as well.

What's going on: I've had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for many years now. I'm used to living in pain (I got the Fybro part as well as all the other symptoms). Suddenly, my CFS went into remission. I also stopped menstrating (no, I am not pregnant). I have nausia, feels like I'm going to throw up, but can't, horrible diarrhea (I have IBS and this is TOTALLY different), and it's kicking my occular migraines into HYPER drive.

I've been shunted around from urgent care to my doc to the hospital for an ultrasound of my abdomen. They can't find it. I have pain in my left, lower abdomen (right under that last rib) and originally thought it might be an overian cyst about to burst, yep, I get those too. Then I started getting too dizzy to drive. Now I am out of my job with a sick note from my doctor and determined to get answers. I haven't come this far to give up now, though the pain is sometimes so bad all I can do is curl into a ball and wish for total unconciousness. I've even gone to the extreme of contacting my old doctor (the reason I was not bed-ridden with my CFS, the man works wonders!) asking him to send me some literature (being a doc who treats CFS and Fibro fairly successfully, he believes in education!) about gallbladder failure and why on earth the pain might show up on the left side.

The ultrasound came back as "normal" meaning, no gall stones, but I feel toxic. I used to be a vet tech and we've had several animals pass away from kidney failure, etc. I notice the same symptoms in myself as I noticed in our beloved pets as they sickened to the toxic phase. I don't want to eat, even though I end up hungry all the time. If I eat, I'm probably headed to the bathroom. I spent one whole day laying in my bathroom floor with a blanket over my body and cold cloths on my neck and head.

Every time I eat I get a fever, then I get really sick. Along with this, I get one of my occular migraines. The day I had the ultrasound I did fairly well (high tolerance for pain after all these years living in pain that couldn't be abated) but by the time the techs came back into the room (after allowing me to wipe the jelly off) I was so sick and in so much pain that I couldn't get up. I did, eventually, get off the table and a very nice tech held my arm rock steady to get me to the waiting room where my mother was, thankfully, waiting. They had to wheel me out of the hospital in a wheel chair and park me in the vestibule while my mother went to get the car. I couldn't decide if having my eyes open or closed made me sicker, or more dizzy.

Sometimes the pain sort of wraps around my back and hits me on both sides, but more often it stays in one place, a place I can POINT to and show the docs. I FEEL toxic. I'm breaking out in acne and I haven't had that kind of acne in four or five years, and I'm getting little bumps that look like acne or some other strange substance under my skin on my elbows, thighs, buttocks, and horrible acne on my face. Also I'm producing WAY too much oil on both my face (I wash my face probably four to five times a day and still have too much oil and I use good quality products that haven't changed since before this started) and in my hair. I can wash my hair and by the time it dries it's oily. That shouldn't be.

So, any ideas? No one in the medical community around here seems to think it's a big deal. I, however, know that my immune system does not work right, I've been on MANY prescriptions over the years that I HAD to have (my old doc was traditional and alternative med. he wouldn't prescribe a man-made drug if change in diet, supplement, etc would do the job and that was just what I needed, I didn't want to blow my liver) and it simply feels as if...well...I tell everyone in my family that it feels and looks to me like something that's supposed to be screening has stopped screening. I can't figure how the stopped menstration figures in, but I know I'm in pain, I can't physically go to work (a shower this morning had me nearly passing out three times), I'm secreating something from my pores, and I feel like I'm going to throw up all the time.

When my mother and I researched gallbladder stuff the other night we could only find info on gallstones, which I don't have, but which I have EVERY symptom of. I know after keeping a mental log of what I eat and how I feel afterwards and the next day that I cannot eat ANYTHING that has a buttery sauce and I'm getting to where I can't eat anything with butter in it period. That's not the only "food" I react to, it's just the one that is the most extreame. I won't go into what it does to me, but let's just say I have maybe 1/2 to 1 hour before I have to go to the bathroom and won't be coming back for a while.

Can anyone help????? If I've learned anything over the years I've had CFS it is to educate myself because I can't count on my doctor being able to know everything off the top of her head (I chose a new doctor when I moved who is VERY open on the line of communication and who actually thinks there may be a neurological component of this as well as I reported symptoms that usually lead up to a grand mal siezure (I have absentee siezures but they don't bother me, just feel wierd)). I am not a hypocondriac. Unlike those unfortunate souls I don't have ANY information about what's going on and I'm out here on the net looking for education. I've found that fellow patients are the best source of this information, so, I decided to join this board and plead for help. I'm tired of living in constant, acute pain with nausia and etc. There was nothing to be done for my CFS pain. I spent about a year just sitting around in corners crying because I hurt so badly and could do nothing about it, that is, I sat around when I was awake, back then I slept 20 hours out of 24.

This, though, feels like something to do with an organ. Something has to be out there to do for this. Every one I or my family or friends have talked to who've had thier gallbladders out say that I match them perfectly, except that my pain is on the left. I have the taste of bile at the back of my throat constantly now and I'm fighting really hard not to complicate the body problem by becoming depressed. I've fought hard to get back on my feet and back in the work force from my CFS, if I can fight that demon then SURELY someone can find what's wrong now.

Please, please let me know if you know anything about this or anywhere I might get more information. Education and caution seem to be my only weapons.

Sincerely,
    Horse Breeder 07

Old 06-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #8
    KonaKid
    Inactive
    (male)

KonaKid HB User

Aloha HB07....

Since posting this last year I've been told this and that....still sick....no one has answers...I read your post and want to make sure it's get back to the front row hopefully someone will have answers.

You wrote:

"So, any ideas? No one in the medical community around here seems to think it's a big deal."

I've been there....still there...tired of folks with M.D. behind their name thinkin' that because of their status they can minimize one's suffering. I hate it. Oh the stories I could tell. Oh the stories that are told here. I wish there was a way to make all doctors and medical treaters to undergo some new techno that makes them feeeeeeeeeel the way we do for days and weeks on end. Oy...

Aloha.

Last edited by moderator4; 06-20-2008 at 09:32 PM.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #9
    KonaKid
    Inactive
    (male)

KonaKid HB User

Anyone use Gallbladder,kidney, prostate cleaners like the one's advertised by, can't remember his name, on the radio here in Cali....has some center where folks can find help for what ails ya with non-traditonal treatments and products. I wonder if it real or just snake oil...

Old 06-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #10
    ZoeGirl
    Veteran
    (female)

ZoeGirl HB User

There are two types of pancreatitis, acute and chronic

Acute comes hard/fast and once treated usually never comes back
    Chronic is a recurring inflammation that some people have to live with.

I've done a lot of research on this due to upper left/rib pain I've suffered since my gallbladder has been removed. They are just now testing it for me to see if it's chronic pancreatitis.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:01 AM   #11
    Linda_in_NJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

Zoe have they checked you for blocked bile ducts? Sometimes stones and sludge can be left in the bile ducts and that can cause the same kind of pain.
    They usually perform an ERCP (it's like an endo) and cut open the bile ducts to let the junk out. Check into it. It could be what your problem is.
    Good Luck, Linda

Old 06-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #12
    ZoeGirl
    Veteran
    (female)

ZoeGirl HB User

Linda,
    I didn't have any stones, etc... just a gb that sits there and does not function.

I am just now able to get them to do more testing. I have a CT scan, blood work and a urinalysis set up for Friday morning. We go from there, I have considered my bile ducts may have damage, just need to get the GI to also.

Thank you!

Old 06-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #13
    KonaKid
    Inactive
    (male)

KonaKid HB User

Sincerely,
    Horse Breeder 07[/QUOTE]

There are several symptoms you experience that I too experience (along with chronic pain from back/neck surgery)...I believe you, unlike some doctors that if that can't find an answer then they mak ya fell like it must be in your head. Yeah, achne deal, the bowel problems, etc...no doctor has answers yet.

MRI taken of Pancreas in ER....No Gallstones. Month Later, Gallstones show up on MRI taken by different MRI place.

I'm not saying that what yer going through is Gallstones connected, but if you suspect it, remember that there is at least a 30% chance that an MRI will not captured the full story.

Closed Thread