It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Gallbladder Message Board

  • Gallbladder Removal Surgery Scheduled!

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 06-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
    tanya0543
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    tanya0543's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2007
    Location: Tennessee, USA
    Posts: 11
    tanya0543 HB User
    Gallbladder Removal Surgery Scheduled!

    My surgery to have my gallbladder removed is scheduled for this Wednesday morning. Hopefully since it has been scheduled so quickly there won't be any problems with the insurance. I don't think I could take much more of these "attacks!" I haven't been able to eat anything except a little bit of fruit for the last week. I hope all goes well and they can do it laporoscopically without any complications. Wish me Luck! I'll post my post-op stuff on Thursday!

    Tanya

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 06-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #2
    shalynn
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    shalynn's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Indiana
    Posts: 22
    shalynn HB User
    Re: Gallbladder Removal Surgery Scheduled!

    Tanya,

    I guess you get to go first? My surgery is at 1:30 in the afternoon. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time of it. I seem to do OK if I just eat a very low fat diet. But, I had two major attacks in the past month that landed me in the ER. So, it has to come out.

    I read somewhere that 95% of people can have theirs taken out laprascopically. The other 5% can't because of scar tissue from previous surgery, or because they are very obese. Neither applies to me, so I'm hopeful. Although, I guess maybe something could occur during surgery that may make them have to switch to an open procedure. I'm not sure.

    Do let us know how you do with the surgery. I'll try to get back here on Thursday too. We can swap stories.

    Shalynn

    Last edited by shalynn; 06-04-2007 at 03:29 PM.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Pain after Gallbladder Removal megss Gallbladder 38 02-27-2012 07:34 PM
    I'm 21 and was just told I need my Gallbladder out. Summary & I have some questions. cyan88 Gallbladder 6 12-10-2008 01:18 PM
    21 year old female + gallbladder disease. help! cyan88 Gallbladder 4 05-20-2008 09:06 AM
    Changes to bowels after gallbladder removal ardath98 Gallbladder 4 04-07-2008 04:13 PM
    New to board with questions about gallbladder removal surgery! tanya0543 Gallbladder 5 06-02-2007 07:50 PM
    Gallbladder Gang, Update? paula43 Gallbladder 49 06-25-2006 04:58 AM
    Gallbladder removal mmeero Gallbladder 6 11-18-2005 12:56 PM
    Fever Before Gallbladder Surgery? Kyssa Gallbladder 3 07-16-2004 12:35 PM
    Gallbladder can someone explain results? jaminae Gallbladder 6 05-19-2004 10:34 AM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:49 PM.





    © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!