It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Abdominal Fullness/Early Satiety as a Gall Bladder Symptom?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-13-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
    mizzaj
    (female)

mizzaj HB User
    Talking Abdominal Fullness/Early Satiety as a Gall Bladder Symptom?

Hi all,

Well, after three (presumable) gall bladder attacks in February (after which I changed my diet-- low fat and calorie intake) and a diagnosis of gallstones/sludge, the one thing that continues to bother me is the abdominal fullness I experience. It has gotten better (I think it might've been exacerbated by the Protonix I was on), but I still can't eat more than 350 calories in one sitting, and I often stay really full for a long while afterwards.

As far as pain goes-- I had a week where I had upper abdominal pain and some chest pain, heartburn, etc, and then for several weeks it lingered. Other than that, it's the fullness and fear of eating too much or too much fat that continues to plague me and makes me feel like my life is not normal (I used to be a hearty eater who bragged of having an "iron stomach"-- all of 5 months ago)

I've looked at several sites, and some of them have mentioned abdominal fullness as a gallbladder symptom, and others have not. Have any of you with gallbladder problems had that happen to you? Other than some slight occasional nausea, I have not had any terrible pain lately. But the inability to eat much at one time, and the fear of doing so, has really made me feel frustrated, fearful, etc.

Let me know if any of you experienced the ab fullness/early satiety as a gall bladder symptom as well. Thanks!

AJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread