It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Appetite after Gallbladder Surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-27-2007, 06:26 AM   #1
    Gar2007
    (male)

Gar2007 HB User
    Appetite after Gallbladder Surgery

Can anyone share their experiences after gallbladder surgery? Its been one week for me and I have no appetite at all. I have heard some people take longer than others to start eating. So has anyone had problems?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2007, 06:30 AM   #2
    Gar2007
    (male)

Gar2007 HB User
    Re: Appetite after Gallbladder Surgery

Also to add, I still have trouble sleeping, I can only sleep on my back. I also have lots of shoulder blade pains still due to bloating.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:41 AM   #3
    Sisty
    (female)

Sisty HB User

Gar, I am sorry you are having pain. Did the surgery resolve your stomach pain?
    Sisty

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gar2007 View Post
    Also to add, I still have trouble sleeping, I can only sleep on my back. I also have lots of shoulder blade pains still due to bloating.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:53 AM   #4
    Gar2007
    (male)

Gar2007 HB User

Pretty much it did, but now I have pain from the air pumped into me due to the surgery. I just wanna know if its ok not to be hungry after surgery.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:11 AM   #5
    ZoeGirl
    Veteran
    (female)

ZoeGirl HB User

Gar,

I am a month out and still don't have much of an appetite. That doesn't mean I don't eat. I force myself to eat a little something. I've lost 30lbs (started losing before surgery). I also couldn't sleep except on my back, but that passed around week 2 and I'm able to sleep on my side. My problem was my incisions were really far to the sides and I'd be laying on them.

I'm not very hungry but once I start eating I'm OK. If you are having nausea, you can call your doctor and ask for a prescription for some anti-nausea pills. I'm a big fan of those pills (way before I had my gb out). You also can call your doctor any time you have questions. Some are better than others at answering, but it's worth a shot.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:29 AM   #6
    rozbel
    (female)

rozbel HB User

for the first 7 days i had no appetite at all, just lost all interest in food and felt sick most of the time. then suddenly my appetite returned on day 8 though not like before. im now 10 days post surgery and can managed a dinner and even a bit of xmas pud during the holidays. cant say that im any where near eating what i used to but i think in my case thats no bad thing as its cakes and sweets that i've gone off. seem to have developed an appetite for meat though, think i must need the protein. i'm sorry you're having a bad time hang on in there it does get better 1 day at a time. ps i can now sleep on my side. hope u feel better soon

Closed Thread