It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Chest Pains and pains in upper abdomen,could this be galbladder?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-05-2008, 05:36 AM   #1
    janiebee
    (female)

janiebee HB User
    Chest Pains and pains in upper abdomen,could this be galbladder?

I have been having pains in my chest for about 2 weeks now, more severe than usual, and the past few days I have been having attacks that radiate up from my abdomen and into my chest throughout my back. The reason I am asking is because I have had chest pain for a couple of years now and nothing shows in tests, sometimes it hurts so bad I have to curl up in a ball until it subsides. My physician says it is in my chest wall and I just have to live with it. I haven't had a gallbladder test done in a couple of years and when they did it they said there was some sludge but nothing to be worried about yet, whatever that means. My pain also burns and is a stabbing pain in my back too. Anyone experience anything like this with their galbladder?
    Any replies would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
    cazajacks
    Veteran
    (female)

cazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB User
    Re: Chest Pains and pains in upper abdomen,could this be galbladder?

Hi, you should always get any chest pain looked at to be on the safe side. but i did see you said you have seen someone already.
    All i cn tell you is how mine was diagnosed and see if it resembles you symptoms.
    I kept getting very ill over the space of about 6 months but always on and off , not constant. It got so bad this chest pain one night i rang the emergency Dr, and had to crawl to my front door to let him in. I had such bad pain i could not walk, talk, etc, but the pain was much more severe in my back. I can honestly say when the pain was at its worst ifelt like i was losing control of my bowel and bladder. This emergency dr came out and said it was indigetstion and like and idiot i believed him. I took myself off to my G.P. many times who said that i was a baby to complain about indigestion. I took myself off to hospital twice,crying ike a baby. and was given indigetstion medication and paracetamol. i felt like dying. In the end my company paid for me to see someone privately, as soon as this private Dr heard my symptoms she knew i had gallstones. She did a scan and there they were. Hey presto.
    So my main symptoms were chest pain, and terrible pain in my upper back, sort of behind my boobs. when i did try to swallow the indigetion medicine it just shot straight back out and accross the room
    Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
    janiebee
    (female)

janiebee HB User

Thanks for the response, the pain seems to have subsided some. I quit eating for a day and also quit smoking. I am trying to change my diet to see if that might help. I don't seem to have much luck with doctors, don't like them. I am to the point that unless I am in such acute pain I can't stand it I will do everything in my power to figure it out myself before I will go back to my doctor and have him tell me to take a tylenol or that it is a pain that I will have to get used to. I have been having sharp chest pains that he says are in my chest wall and I just have to live with them. That is why I like to ask someone's advice before I go back to have it checked out by him. He is a very busy doctor and seems preoccuppied most of the time during a doctor's visit with him. I really feel I must have been having some sort of attack though because of the way they have subsided. Now I am afraid to eat certain things as it might come back. Your experience sounds frightful and very painful. Must have been horrible for you. Thanks again for responding though.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
    cazajacks
    Veteran
    (female)

cazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB User

Try and see someone else. Other people told me to avoid spicy food, onions etc. but i ate what ever i wanted, lots of raw onions, curries etc and not once did it set off an attack. Then another time i could have a plain bit of bread and later on the attack would start. There is only one way i know of to find out for sure, demand a scan of your belly/gallbladder. I suffered for so long believing all these Drs telling me to pull myself together, i felt like such a hypocondriac, embarresed, a baby. But i knew deep down this terrible pain coulnd not be just indigestion. I took myself off to hospital, maybe you should try that, then you will get the opinion of another dr.
    Good luck.

Closed Thread