It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Gallstones...even with no gallbladder since 2002

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
    SKZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SKZ HB User
    Gallstones...even with no gallbladder since 2002

Hi everyone,
    I will try and make my story short. I have been to the hospital 3 times since Thanksgiving for gallstone pain. I had my gallbladder out in an emergency surgery in 2002. Never had a problem with it, then had a nightmare attack. Apparently it was infected and everything. Now fast forward to Nov. 2007. I had had stomach aches that would last a week, about once a year for the last few years. I always assumed it was a virus. The day after Thanksgiving, it was so bad I went to the ER. Those nitwits made me wait for several hours and the when I got into a room, the dopey Dr. said he wasnt sure, but it was probably Irritable Bowel Syndrome. He refused to give me any pain med for feasr of constipating me. I got a little better, but then a month later before Xmas, I had another attack (nightmare pain), went to the ER again out of desperation and turns out I was Jaundiced and had gallstones blocking my Main Bile Duct. THIS time I got some IV pain relief (Dilaudid). I had a CT Scan and found the stones. They admitted me to the hospital and then next morning I had an ERCP (on Xmas Eve day) and supposedly they got the stones out. I got out of the hospital on Xmas day anbd felt great. THREE WEEKS LATER the same exact nightmare pain came back and I had to go to the ER againnnnnnnnnnnnn. I was Jaundiced AGAIN, and after hours and hours of waiting, I got admitted again to the hospital. They did an MRCP (which is a type of MRI) and again found stones. What the #$%^&*()????? I had to have ANOTHER ERCP (which are full of risks, I might add) and this time I woke up to hear that the Dr. could not get the stones out and that I was full of them in my CYSTIC DUCT (which is right by the gallbladder that I dont have any longer). They had to put a stent in and the Dr. said that I should take Acticall (a bile acid medication to help dissolve the stones) and in 2 months she would try again with another ERCP. Well, this coming Monday the 24th is when they will try again. In the meantime, my lower back is killing me like mad. I assumed it was from falling on my sacrum 7 yrs. ago, but then as I researched....low back pain can be a symptom of gallstones. I can barely walk its so bad. If they cant get the stones out on Monday, I will probably need a major surgery to get those outta there (who knows when). Has anyone ever heard of this???????????????????????????????????? ? Help!!!! I am so frustrated. The last thing I want is pancreatitis from having yet another ERCP (which is about a 10% risk). You wouldnt believe my medical bills from 2 hospitalizations and another one on the way. (even with insurance). Thanks for listening and please chime in if you have ever heard of such a thing.
    Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread