It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• An inflamed gallbladder?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
    park914
    (female)

park914 HB User
    An inflamed gallbladder?

After going through several tests my gastroenterologist told me to see a surgeon as I have an inflamed gallbladder. Also I have one stone (that they could see!) but I come from a family of gallbladder victims. So I'm figuring I'll be told it needs to come out. Has anyone here had an inflamed gb? Right now I've been feeling a dull ache under my ribs, right side, for about a month. Can these symptoms get really bad? (I ask as my husband is preparing to return to the Middle East for a 2 month work assignment and I'm getting nervous about being alone here with my ailing gallbladder).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: An inflamed gallbladder?

Yes, it can get decidely worse. An inflamed gallbladder should not be ignored. It could become infected and rupture. Emergency gb surgery is something you don't want. Have it out via lap and you'll be glad you did.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:03 AM   #3
    Madalot
    (female)

Madalot HB User
    Re: An inflamed gallbladder?

All I can give you is my experience with my gallbladder. I hadn't had any noticeable symptoms, but one night, I had an attack that kept me up in tears all night. I've read here where most gallbladder attacks can last a few hours, then stop. This one started around 8:30 pm and by 4:30 am, was still going strong and I was starting to get really nauseous. I finally went to the ER and found that I had gallstones, an inflamed gallbladder and based on my test results, an infected gallbladder. They recommended prompt surgery and told me that if I chose NOT to have it removed, I would most likely have more attacks and the severity of them would increase. The first attack was bad enough and I didn't care to risk another one. They decided to remove it the next morning and I had to stay overnight in the hospital before (they said I was too sick to go home before the surgery the next morning). I had another attack that night, but since I was on pain medication, I was able to control it until the surgery.

If the gallbladder is showing inflamed, I would seriously consider having it removed if that's what your doctor recommends. I wouldn't wish the pain I experienced on anyone.

Closed Thread