It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Gall Bladder Sludge

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
    Bibione
    (female)

Bibione HB User
    Gall Bladder Sludge

Hello,

I had blood work done. The doctor felt I needed an ultrasound to check my gall bladder from the results of the blood work. I had that done, and he now wants to do a Hidascan on me because of finding 'Sludge' in my gall bladder.

My question is: I fear that the doctor will recommend removal of the gall bladder for the sludge, and I hate to have surgery to have an organ removed. Can anyone out there share their experiences with gall bladder problems and 'Sludge'? Also what about those who have had a surgery, and what have been your experiences in the aftermath with the surgery. I am wondering if I should try to do home remedies to treat this sludge.

Also, I had a Hysterectomy several years ago. Could this be related to why I am having Gall Bladder problems now? Anyone else experienced this after having a Hysterectomy?

Please help. Thank you.

Last edited by Bibione; 05-20-2008 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Added question

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
    AlanPi
    (male)

AlanPi HB User
    Re: Gall Bladder Sludge

Look up PCS - PostCholecystectomy Syndrome on the web. It says 29% of the patients with no stones and gallbladder removed, still suffers.

I have no gallstones according to ultrasound myself. How did your doctor know you have "sludge" in your gallbladder, and not an infection or genetic defect?

I just asked my doctor about cholecystectomy today. He says unless the pain is unbearable, it is ok to leave it along. I tend to concur with him.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!

ps. BTW this might belong to the "digestive disorder" board.

Closed Thread