HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Gallbladder (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/gallbladder/)
-   -   Sluggish Gallbladder & Gastric Ulcers (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/gallbladder/633773-sluggish-gallbladder-gastric-ulcers.html)

caddypatty 09-13-2008 02:10 AM

Sluggish Gallbladder & Gastric Ulcers

I have recently been diagnosed with a sluggish gallbladder and 2 gastric ulcers. I have an appointment for a consultation to have my gallbladder removed, but am wondering if anyone out there has had both diagnosis. I am a little fearful of removing my gallbladder, but am very tired of the symptoms associated with this. Does anyone have suggestions for good remedies for either of these problems?

3wilds 09-25-2008 11:17 AM

Re: Sluggish Gallbladder & Gastric Ulcers

I have some sludge in the gallbladder and the ejection rate is low at 36% but I chose not to get it removed I just wasn't convinced that it was necessary but I guess If I was you I'd get the obvious ulcers taken care of first and see how you feel. For me its still a big mistery because I can't stay awake after eating sometimes and I feel ill every day and almost after every meal no matter what I eat. Its like my blood pressure goes down or blood sugar but I can test BS at home and its always in the normal range. I don't see any blood in the stool and I'm not vomiting so I'm wondering what you go through if you don't mind sharing.

caddypatty 09-29-2008 05:45 AM

[QUOTE=3wilds;3740896]I have some sludge in the gallbladder and the ejection rate is low at 36% but I chose not to get it removed I just wasn't convinced that it was necessary but I guess If I was you I'd get the obvious ulcers taken care of first and see how you feel. For me its still a big mistery because I can't stay awake after eating sometimes and I feel ill every day and almost after every meal no matter what I eat. Its like my blood pressure goes down or blood sugar but I can test BS at home and its always in the normal range. I don't see any blood in the stool and I'm not vomiting so I'm wondering what you go through if you don't mind sharing.[/QUOTE]
I chose not to get my gall bladder out until my ulcers heal. The doctor put me on acid blockers and that really helps with the pain. Not sure about having it removed after ulcers are healed. Doctor says the gall bladder surgery does not help all patients. I also get tired after I eat and feel a little sick to my stomach. I started taking iron pills for my anemia and that seems to help some of the tiredness. I am a whimp when it comes to pain, so I am just glad I am not in that ulcer pain anymore. It still bothers me, but not the hard pain. I hope you will be able to get some answers. It's terrible to not feel good all the time. Thank you for posting on my site. I appreciate knowing what you are going through. Good Luck

jimmyswife08 12-16-2008 10:52 PM

My ultrasound came back concluding that I had gallbladder sludge but no evidence of stones and my liver was normal in size. I have borderline hyperT and have been monitoring my symptoms but I was wondering if you had dizzy/faint feelings, nausea after eating especially fatty or oil cooked foods?

annarmano 12-23-2008 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=caddypatty;3726647]I have recently been diagnosed with a sluggish gallbladder and 2 gastric ulcers. I have an appointment for a consultation to have my gallbladder removed, but am wondering if anyone out there has had both diagnosis. I am a little fearful of removing my gallbladder, but am very tired of the symptoms associated with this. Does anyone have suggestions for good remedies for either of these problems?[/QUOTE]

hi what kind of symptoms are you having because Im new to board Ive been suffering lots of symptoms for years ..

SuLou 02-14-2009 08:35 PM

I had my Gall Bladder out 10/08 and immediate relief, but I'm slowly starting to get some of the burning sensation back. I was told it is G.B. sludge messing with the liver.