It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• No sigmoid colon/Gallbladder still having issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
    shan2005
    (female)

shan2005 HB User
    Unhappy No sigmoid colon/Gallbladder still having issues

Hi-
    I am new to this site and am hoping to get some answers. 2 years ago I had emergency surgery for paratinitis (massive infection) in my abdomen due to diverticulitis, woke up with colostomy, and my sigmoid colon removed. I almost died. (Jan 07) In April 07 I had a takedown and was put back together and then 2 1/2 weeks later I had pancratitis due to the gallbladder so I also had that removed May 6th 2007. I am still having digestive issues I think mainly in part to th GB removal, I can't tolorate any fats or I am sick right away. Recently my periods stopped and it would seem that I am in menapause. I am 38. I am wondering if that had to do with surgery?
    I have tried to find someone who has gone through something similar and so far no luck. I can't seem to find any diet suggestions that fit for someone without a GB and a sigmoid colon. Any suggestions? I would love to be able to talk to someone who has been through this. Thank you!!
    Shannon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
    Katja09
    (female)

Katja09 HB User
    Re: No sigmoid colon/Gallbladder still having issues

hello shannon , i am 38 as well...i am having wednesday my sigmoid colon removed.I have a lot of issues with my tummy .I am glad to have it removed , before anything ruptures..i also had a prior large hernia repaired , had a hyseterectomy , my ovaries removed , and a abdominal abbcsess...and boy that one did almost killed me,and some abdominal plasty to fix all the scartiddue , and overhang , but my ab wall was shreddet like a swiss cheese......i always have to watch what i eat,and sure hope this will help me some, and dont have me like a ticking time bomb.From what i been reading a lot of ppl are glad they did this.
    I am sorry you still are having troubles...what kind of diet have you tryed?take care Katja

Closed Thread