It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Gallbladder surgery and overweight

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
    soapies777
    (female)

soapies777 HB User
    Gallbladder surgery and overweight

Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there had the gallbladder surgery and was overweight. My mom had hers out years ago and they wanted her to lose weight prior to surgery. I have my appointment with surgeon on Tuesday. I am hoping he can take it out and soon but I am also overweight. So did anyone else have this experience. Please let me know. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Gallbladder surgery and overweight

I've had a couple of overweight friends have theirs out recently. Your mother probably had hers before they began to do the lap surgery. I imagine she had the full cut. Of the 2 friends, 1 had to have the full cut because she was too heavy and they couldn't get it out via lap. The other didn't weight quite as much and she did have the lap procedure. Only your surgeon can tell you. Good luck - hopeoyu can have the lap procedure.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
    soapies777
    (female)

soapies777 HB User

Thanks Titchou for the fast response. My mom did have the full cut. I also hope I can have the lap done.
    Do you know how overweight your friend was that needed the full cut? Thanks You are always here for me.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

The one that had the full cut was about 80 pounds - about 5'4" tall so. The other one was about 50 pounds overweight and around 5'8" tall...both female. Hope it works out!

Closed Thread