It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Can anyone help me? Gallbladder removal problems or anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-30-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
    gigi11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
    Can anyone help me? Gallbladder removal problems or anxiety

I had my gallbladder removed about a year ago. I started to get these pains under my right rib and then nausea about once a month after the gallbladder removal. I was eating very good - No fried food, sugar, or any other bad food. I don't know whether it is indigestion because I feel like burps get trapped in my stomach. Just lots of gas. I have tried malox and papaya pills to help with digestion. Tums doesn't help so it makes me wonder what is this if it isn't gas because tums and malox would relieve it was. I am taking Welchol for the dirreahea. I exercise daily and have 70 lbs to lose. I am on a strict low fat diet. Eight glasses of water a day and 7 different supplements. I eat papaya fruit and other fruit. I don't eat red meat. I stay away from all gassy vegetables.

About a month ago I was doing so well feeling real good - going to acupuncture and meditation. I have had every test imaginable to rule out problems from having the gallbladder removal. I even had a colonoscopy. My endoscopy showed mild non specific gastritis. No doctor can help me and they have no answers but to do a ERCP because they think I have SOD.

I have no idea if this is all in my head. One gasterologist told it was in my head. My acupuncturist seems to believe it is a little of both physical and mental. Like I said before I had this indigestion nausea symptom only once a month now it is everyday. It is when stress hits me it happens everyday. I feel on the edge because I anticipate the next attack. I think about it 24/7 so I guess that doesn't help. I feel like a prisoner in my own body. When I started to get tested for everything is when it started everyday. I went to acupuncturist and after a month of treatment I felt better for 2 months. Then I strayed away from acupuncture and started to feel stress from daily things that would happen to me. I then had that feeling of nausea everyday again. I notice when I am in a store it will start up but the minute I sit in my car and knowing I am going home I start to feel better. If I have a difficult task at hand it will start up. I am wondering if this is all mental and I am stirring up stomach.

About two months ago I had a complete physical. My blood results were good except my liver enzymes were slightly elevated. My doc told me it could be my fatty liver not completely gone yet or could be other things which she wants to monitor. I just had an injection of antibiotics which is the only thing I could think of that would elevate it. Since I left the doctor I always worried about that and it was on my mind everyday. I always think I will be rushed to the hospital because my liver just can't stand the fact that it lost the gallbladder or my liver will get highly elevated.

I have lost 80 lbs and need to lose more. I can eat the same thing everyday and one day it will just have a problem. The only thing that really changed was my insurance will not let me have welchol so they changed me to a powder. I tried the powder for a month but it didn't work so they let me have my welchol back. Maybe my body has to take awhile to adjust to the medicine change.

Someone please answer me with any suggestions. I feel lost and I don't trust my body because I never know what it is going to do next. I feel like a nervous wreak. When I think I have it under control my body fails me once again with the indigestion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
    angel011089
    (female)

angel011089 HB User
    Re: Can anyone help me? Gallbladder removal problems or anxiety

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gigi11 View Post
    I had my gallbladder removed about a year ago. I started to get these pains under my right rib and then nausea about once a month after the gallbladder removal. I was eating very good - No fried food, sugar, or any other bad food. I don't know whether it is indigestion because I feel like burps get trapped in my stomach. Just lots of gas. I have tried malox and papaya pills to help with digestion. Tums doesn't help so it makes me wonder what is this if it isn't gas because tums and malox would relieve it was. I am taking Welchol for the dirreahea. I exercise daily and have 70 lbs to lose. I am on a strict low fat diet. Eight glasses of water a day and 7 different supplements. I eat papaya fruit and other fruit. I don't eat red meat. I stay away from all gassy vegetables.

About a month ago I was doing so well feeling real good - going to acupuncture and meditation. I have had every test imaginable to rule out problems from having the gallbladder removal. I even had a colonoscopy. My endoscopy showed mild non specific gastritis. No doctor can help me and they have no answers but to do a ERCP because they think I have SOD.

I have no idea if this is all in my head. One gasterologist told it was in my head. My acupuncturist seems to believe it is a little of both physical and mental. Like I said before I had this indigestion nausea symptom only once a month now it is everyday. It is when stress hits me it happens everyday. I feel on the edge because I anticipate the next attack. I think about it 24/7 so I guess that doesn't help. I feel like a prisoner in my own body. When I started to get tested for everything is when it started everyday. I went to acupuncturist and after a month of treatment I felt better for 2 months. Then I strayed away from acupuncture and started to feel stress from daily things that would happen to me. I then had that feeling of nausea everyday again. I notice when I am in a store it will start up but the minute I sit in my car and knowing I am going home I start to feel better. If I have a difficult task at hand it will start up. I am wondering if this is all mental and I am stirring up stomach.

About two months ago I had a complete physical. My blood results were good except my liver enzymes were slightly elevated. My doc told me it could be my fatty liver not completely gone yet or could be other things which she wants to monitor. I just had an injection of antibiotics which is the only thing I could think of that would elevate it. Since I left the doctor I always worried about that and it was on my mind everyday. I always think I will be rushed to the hospital because my liver just can't stand the fact that it lost the gallbladder or my liver will get highly elevated.

I have lost 80 lbs and need to lose more. I can eat the same thing everyday and one day it will just have a problem. The only thing that really changed was my insurance will not let me have welchol so they changed me to a powder. I tried the powder for a month but it didn't work so they let me have my welchol back. Maybe my body has to take awhile to adjust to the medicine change.

Someone please answer me with any suggestions. I feel lost and I don't trust my body because I never know what it is going to do next. I feel like a nervous wreak. When I think I have it under control my body fails me once again with the indigestion.
    hun i am sorry but wat is sod could i have that and does ercp look for that and can it be treated im the one who goes in mon for ercp i am scared to death ive cancled one time so i need to do it im just really worried thanks for listen im sorry your sick this really sucks god bless

Closed Thread