It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• could this be gall bladder?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
    jkacjs
    (male)

jkacjs HB User
    could this be gall bladder?

I have had chronic fatigue for years. I also have been taking prilosec daily for heartburn. At least two times a year I am treated for sinuitis. I have woken up with a headache every day for the past year. I also have constipation I need to take about 13 fiber pills a day just to keep going. I became very ill two weeks ago. fever, headache, body aches, chills, sweats, claminess, pain in upper stomach. I thought it was flu but after one week I went to the clinic. THey said it was sinuitis and gave me an antibiodic. One day later i was in the ER, after blood work they found that the bilirubin levels were high. After a trip to my family dr he said I was yellow did a cat scan to check my liver. It was ok, my levels are going down now. Could this be the result of the antibiodic? Also I have felt awful for years, could this have been a gall bladder attack? I am sick of feeling sick

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: could this be gall bladder?

Gallbladder problems don't usually have these symptoms. You would more likely have stabbing pain just under right middle rib cage, shoulder pain, diarrhea, nausea.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
    km585
    (female)

km585 HB User

I think it could be related to your gallbladder. I too was taking prilosec, nexium, protonix and the like for almost 2 years thinking it was gerd. I never got real relief from any of the meds. Sometimes I would think they were working and other times not. Turns out it was my gallbladder that was acting up on and off, therefor giving me the impression that the heartburn meds worked sometimes. Usually my attacks would occur in the middle of the night, and last for a couple of hours. This went on for quite a while until 3 weeks ago I had an attack that had me doubled over. I went to the er and it in fact was my gallbladder. They admitted me to the hospital. My billirubin levels were elevated until I passed the stone and then they went back down. I am having my gallbladder out tomorrow.

I would seriously consider getting checked again for your gallbladder. If it goes on for as long as mine did, it can cause all sorts of symtoms such as fatigue from the lack of sleep, nausea, vomiting, diahrea, fever, chills (fever and chills need to be evaluated) and an overall feeling of blah....I am looking soooo forward to feeling normal again after I get it out.

Last edited by km585; 02-09-2010 at 07:06 AM.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #4
    Linda_in_NJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

Have them check for pancreatitis. Feel better.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #5
    rose4me
    (female)

rose4me HB Userrose4me HB User

I definitely concur with #3 & #4 replies ... elevated bilirubin levels, and the other symptoms sound definitely like gall bladder and Pancreatitis is a strong possibility.
    Your enzyme levels need to be checked out as well. Why on earth would they say sinisitis? You pour thing.
    I had most of your symptoms for several years, GB attacks in the middle of the night and finally a month of feeling horrible. The final week, I felt like I was in the post phase of a bad virus. Hurt, couldn't sleep long, food was not tolerated, what I did consume was eliminated quickly and undigested. My abdomen was distended and awfully tender, finally my eyes turned yellow (ew), my urine became dark, like really strong strong hot tea, and my bowel movements became clay colored or my own descripiton - almost white. I knew something was wrong. One morning, after trying to eat something to settle my stomach, I threw it up, was immediately acutely ill and after three hours of trying to talk myself out of it, hoping it would blow over or resolve itself and the pain continued to escalate - I called EMS. I was admitted to the hospital, immediatly upon a visual and confirmation of the ultra dark urine and blood enzyme and bilrubin levels that were so dangerously high. 11 days into my hospital stay the gall bladder was surgically removed and a day later an ERCP proceedure. The GB surgery was the easiest thing hands down I went through. The diagnosis was severe acute pancreatitis, caused by a gall stone. Which I passed, probably when I threw up that morning ... Please be proactive about this. I have been out of the hospital - a month tomorrow and the recovery is a little long considering how ill I was before I got treatment.
    All my best
    Rose

Closed Thread