HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Gallbladder (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/gallbladder/)
-   -   is it my gall bladder? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/gallbladder/736004-my-gall-bladder.html)

cherbear0228 02-15-2010 07:20 PM

is it my gall bladder?

I need some help, I have been having serious digestive issues for over five years. Lets see where to start, I have GERD, IBS both of which I cannot find any relief. Recently I have been getting extremely sick when I eat and my stomach will bloat up so big I look like I'm six months pregnant. I also will get such bad gurggling and popping that the person next to me can hear it and it is so painfully. I recently had a gastric emptying study, which came back normal. I am at my wits end, I need answers but don't know what else to consider...any ideas?

Punkyman 02-15-2010 07:56 PM

Re: is it my gall bladder?

Are you having any other symptoms, like pain on your right side, back pain, nausea, vomiting? Do you feel more sick after eating high fat foods? I just went through a whole series of tests to check for my gallbladder. Thankfullly it turned out everything was normal. My pain comes and goes, but if you really think it is your gallbladder ask your doctor for a HIDA scan. It is the best test to check for the function and blockage of your gallbladder. Good luck!!

marigoldgirl81 02-16-2010 05:53 PM

i have been having severe digestive issues for over a year now now. All began with ibs in Jan 2009 then overnight with gerd and esophagitis and gastritis in June and in Oct gallbladder pain. The gerd is RELENTLESS and won't respond well to ppis. It's ridiculous, i don't even know how i have an esophagus left, it is really upsetting. I've lost 25 lbs, not from lack of appetite but from lack of being able to eat comfortably.

I have had endoscopy (showed mild esophagitis and gastritis in July 2009 -much worse now, 24/7 reflux), gallbladder ultrasound Oct 2009-normal, i am supposed to get a hida soon but have cancelled twice as i am feeling quite anxious about the test. I am wondering if it is my gallbladder though too but when i read about how we are quick to get our gallbladders out in the US (i don't have infection or stones, so it doesn't have to come out)...it makes me think.

I hope you find relief and an answer. I suspect medicines began this mess i'm in but its just a suspicion, not confirmed....i am in the process of weaning off the meds i suspect.

Take care.

Grammie02 02-16-2010 06:17 PM

try drinking a glass of baking soda and water.. OLD REMEDIE... My Gram used to use.

Grammie02 02-16-2010 06:21 PM

cherbear sounds to me like you have gallstones.. I have a nurse friend and she says her dr has this problem and when he is bothered by it he drinks Apple Juice ALL day long.. thats it... for one whole day.. Cant hurt to give it a try!

Grammie02 02-16-2010 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=marigoldgirl81;4186793]i have been having severe digestive issues for over a year now now. All began with ibs in Jan 2009 then overnight with gerd and esophagitis and gastritis in June and in Oct gallbladder pain. The gerd is RELENTLESS and won't respond well to ppis. It's ridiculous, i don't even know how i have an esophagus left, it is really upsetting. I've lost 25 lbs, not from lack of appetite but from lack of being able to eat comfortably.

I have had endoscopy (showed mild esophagitis and gastritis in July 2009 -much worse now, 24/7 reflux), gallbladder ultrasound Oct 2009-normal, i am supposed to get a hida soon but have cancelled twice as i am feeling quite anxious about the test. I am wondering if it is my gallbladder though too but when i read about how we are quick to get our gallbladders out in the US (i don't have infection or stones, so it doesn't have to come out)...it makes me think.

I hope you find relief and an answer. I suspect medicines began this mess i'm in but its just a suspicion, not confirmed....i am in the process of weaning off the meds i suspect.

Take care.[/QUOTE]

Grammie02 02-16-2010 06:25 PM

sounds to me like your gallblader. drink apple juice all day 1 day.

Grammie02 02-16-2010 06:29 PM

meds do cause lots of problems with stomach.

Chum 02-16-2010 06:43 PM

[QUOTE=Grammie02;4186814]cherbear sounds to me like you have gallstones.. I have a nurse friend and she says her dr has this problem and when he is bothered by it he drinks Apple Juice ALL day long.. thats it... for one whole day.. Cant hurt to give it a try![/QUOTE]

Apple juice will help short term, but the problem wont go away. I fought having my gallbladder removed for over a year and finally bit the bullet and had it out. It was so easy I regret not doing it sooner. Alot of doing without and suffering for nothing.

Indianmist 02-17-2010 03:33 PM

[QUOTE=Chum;4186830]Apple juice will help short term, but the problem wont go away. I fought having my gallbladder removed for over a year and finally bit the bullet and had it out. It was so easy I regret not doing it sooner. Alot of doing without and suffering for nothing.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I put off having my gallbladder taken out because of fear. I really had nothing to be afraid of, I had the gallbladder out and was back home the same day. the recovery took a bit longer than I'd hoped for, but all and all I've had no problems since my surgery Feb 2008.

As for the HIDA scan that you keep putting off, the worse part of that for me was laying flat on a table for two hours. When they administered the CCK, it did replicate my gallbladder pain, but it was no worse than the pain I was already having.

Apple Juice, Liver flushes and all of that other stuff only works short-term IF at all. It's best to get it removed IF it in fact needs to come out, but only your doctor can determine that for sure.

1exquisite1 04-07-2010 06:49 PM

Hello ,
I have Gerd with horrible Acid reflex and Heartburn everything I eat give me heartburn. the food I eat is not greasy it's lowfat food . I also had my gall bladder removed 8 weeks ago. About three weeks ago I had an colonopy and was Diagnosed with a Hiatal Hernia and Diverticulosis. April 23, 2010 I suppose to get an Endoscopy. AFTER I eat 20 mins later my food start regurgitating . I always feel like i'm choaking . I feel sick on the stmoach all the time. I have a great GI doctor he started me ON A NEW MEDICINE This week. So far It don't seem to be working yet. Since I had my gall bladder removed 8 WEEKS ago . Everything I eat go right thru me I have to be very careful what I eat . I will keep everyone posted...Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

itp78 04-08-2010 03:08 AM

[QUOTE=cherbear0228;4186215]I need some help, I have been having serious digestive issues for over five years. Lets see where to start, I have GERD, IBS both of which I cannot find any relief. Recently I have been getting extremely sick when I eat and my stomach will bloat up so big I look like I'm six months pregnant. I also will get such bad gurggling and popping that the person next to me can hear it and it is so painfully. I recently had a gastric emptying study, which came back normal. I am at my wits end, I need answers but don't know what else to consider...any ideas?[/QUOTE]

One thing I would suggest is the possibility you have Celiac disease. See if you doctor can order a gluten test. People who have Celiac disease often bloat up after eating food with gluten. If you are having issues with gluten intolerance, you most likely are have issues with lactose also. You may not even have IBS.