It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Gallbladder removed, dull ache, bloating and constipation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
    Karibo
    (female)

Karibo HB User
    Gallbladder removed, dull ache, bloating and constipation

Hi everyone,

I had my gallbladder removed 2 and a half months ago. For most of that time since then I have felt fine. Over the past week I tried to reintroduce foods that have caused me to feel bunged up before to see if my body could now cope with them better since the gallbladder is gone. Well it appears not!

The culprits that I can't seem to digest properly are things like bread, pasta, cereal, dough etc. It seems my body cannot break it down properly. Over the past week (I ate quite a lot of cereal and bread for four days) I have felt bloated and my side twinges and there is a constant dull ache. I got tested for celiac before they realised it was my gallbladder but that came back negative.

I hear alot about people saying excess fat aggrevates them (i've cut that down a lot but doesn't seem to be much of a problem) and they get lots of diarhear, but i'm the opposite.

I will stear clear from these foods, but it's a pain because most other food doesn't fill you up as much...

Do others suffer with this because of they had their gallbladder removed? And how long do the side effects wear off? I am usually constipated but have been taking ox bile for a while now and it really helps (but not when eating things mentioned above).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Gallbladder removed, dull ache, bloating and constipation

OK, your gallbladder's only function is to help digest fat. So the lack of a gb is most likely not the cause as it would be causing diarrhea not constipation. Perhaps you just have too much fiber in your diet?

Old 04-11-2010, 04:22 AM   #3
    Doll Baby
    (female)

Doll Baby HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karibo View Post
    Hi everyone,

I had my gallbladder removed 2 and a half months ago. For most of that time since then I have felt fine. Over the past week I tried to reintroduce foods that have caused me to feel bunged up before to see if my body could now cope with them better since the gallbladder is gone. Well it appears not!

The culprits that I can't seem to digest properly are things like bread, pasta, cereal, dough etc. It seems my body cannot break it down properly. Over the past week (I ate quite a lot of cereal and bread for four days) I have felt bloated and my side twinges and there is a constant dull ache. I got tested for celiac before they realised it was my gallbladder but that came back negative.

I hear alot about people saying excess fat aggrevates them (i've cut that down a lot but doesn't seem to be much of a problem) and they get lots of diarhear, but i'm the opposite.

I will stear clear from these foods, but it's a pain because most other food doesn't fill you up as much...

Do others suffer with this because of they had their gallbladder removed? And how long do the side effects wear off? I am usually constipated but have been taking ox bile for a while now and it really helps (but not when eating things mentioned above).

Old 04-11-2010, 04:24 AM   #4
    Doll Baby
    (female)

Doll Baby HB User

i had gallbladder removed monday have upper rt back pain no fever or vomiting yesterday i drove and also ate bacon could that be a reason its a dull rt side backache suggestions please

Old 04-11-2010, 05:06 AM   #5
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

It's probably the gas they inflate you with that hasn't dissipated yet. Walk as much as you can. And I'd lay off the bacon for a couple more weeks.

Closed Thread