It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Do these symptoms sound like gallbladder?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2010, 08:13 AM   #1
    MPK64
    (female)

MPK64 HB User
    Question Do these symptoms sound like gallbladder?

Here are my symptoms......

Heavy pressure in right side of stomach, below ribcage. Slightly sensitive to touch. Almost always at night. Every night now. Have to take aspirin almost every night now, and it does not help.

When I have the pain in my side, I always have pain in right shoulder, and pain/pressure in right side of head. These symptoms always go together. It does not throb-more of a "pressure" like something is pushing against my side, shoulder, and head. Very uncomfortable.

Painful to touch area in middle of stomach, below ribs.

A lot of weight gain and severe bloating. I've cut out wheat, gluten, dairy, and soy, and still have these problems.

Gas and belching. Sometimes it is severe.

EXTREME fatigue. It takes a lot of energy just to lift my arm up.

NO appetite whatsoever. Slight nauseaus feeling, but no vomiting.

Constipation.

Over the last few months, I've had what appeared to be two gallbladder attacks. I had eaten a meal with a lot of coconut oil in it, and within minutes, I was doubled over in pain. Could not touch the area in middle of stomach and on right side. Almost went to ER, but it went away in about 30 minutes. The second one lasted all night.

This pressure pain below ribs, shoulder, and headache on right side are just horrible-so tired of it, and tired of the weight gain and being so TIRED all the time.

I was tested for gallbladder about 5 years ago, and they said I had no stones, but that my gallbladder was "sluggish". My cholesterol is perfect every time I have it checked, (Praise God!), so how can I have stones?

I had a colonoscopy done a couple of years ago,and everything was fine, other than I was very constipated. Have had an endoscopy done before that, and I had acid reflux and a hiatal hernia, but that's it.

Not sure what else this could be.....ideas anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #2
    TopGeek
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

TopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB User
    Re: Do these symptoms sound like gallbladder?

You have a whole raft of symptoms that might or might not be related - far too complex for us mere mortals to diagnose. Five years is a long time in the life of a gallstone so that means nothing at this stage.
    You really need some further investigation and your doctor would probably ask for an ultrasound scan of your liver and bile ducts. The hiatus hernia could also have become irritated by stomach acid reflux so you might need another endoscopy. That would also verify if you've developed a gastric ulcer. Any of these could cause your symptoms, particularly through 'referred pain'.
    Do get yourself checked out and let us know how it goes.

Last edited by TopGeek; 05-08-2010 at 04:34 AM. Reason: typo

Closed Thread