It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Tired of these attacks!! Is it my Gallbladder. HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
    mikayla1990
    (female)

mikayla1990 HB User
    Exclamation Tired of these attacks!! Is it my Gallbladder. HELP!

Hello Everyone,

I'm 21 years old and I would like anyone's feedback on weather or not these attacks I'm having is gallbladder related. My Doctor has his doubts But I'm dead set on this being the reason for my painful attacks.

It started in October 2011. On average I'm having these attacks once a week and from the log I'm keeping I've noticed it's usually after I go out to eat(wings, fried stuff, french fries, cheeseburgers) or eat delivery pizza. My symptoms include having excruciating pain in my upper ribs, this pain always come in the middle of the night and awakens me. The attacks come with a sort of cold sweat/chills, radiating pain towards the middle of my back between my shoulder blades, very gassy feeling in my stomach, I can NEVER sit still because the pain is SOOOO BADDD!!!!!! I've actually started crawling on the floor sometimes because that can sometimes make it easier to deal with. It lasts from 1 to 3 hours when it happens. I'm a little nauseated but I've never thrown up.

The first few times I called into the ER thinking I was having SEVERE heartburn. (one time i thought i was having a freakin' heart attack!)
    My first trip to the ER all the Doctor could tell me is that It may be caused by anxiety. The second trip I made the Doctors decided to do some blood tests and X-Rays thinking that I had a pinched vertebrae. I was given cyclobenzaprine muscle relaxant one time because my doctor thought it was spasms i was having. I talked to my primary doctor numerous of times and he finally set up an ultrasound for me which revealed that I do have gallstones! BUT.....when my doctor called me back he made it sound like that was not the problem that was causing my episodes/pain attacks!!!!!! (are you kidding me!!!! I show alll the possible symptoms of an inflamed gallbladder and he's doubting that this is the cause!!) He said the next step is to talk with a general surgeon to see if i should have it removed. I'm meeting with a surgeon in a few weeks. I just have a hard time figuring out WHY my doctor is so against the fact that I have gallbladder disease?????????? I show all the symptoms! I just don't get it and I'm scared that the surgeon is going to tell me not to get it removed I'm sooooo tired of having these attacks. They are beyond painful and keep me up at night, I've had to miss class a few times because of these episodes that happen in the night.

Do these symptoms sound familiar to those who've had this happen before?

I just really don't want to deal with this the rest of my life. Its painful and really disrupts my daily lifestyle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
    Collector167
    (male)

Collector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB UserCollector167 HB User
    Re: Tired of these attacks!! Is it my Gallbladder. HELP!

Yes, it sounds like you have gallbladder disease.

Symptoms brought on by fatty food are common, such as nausea, pain under the right ribs, pain in the back, pain in the right shoulder, etc.

When your digestive system senses fat it sends a signal to the gallbladder telling it to contract and squeeze out bile. Bile helps break down the fat. However, when you have gallstones the gallbladder is trying to contract onto sharp spiny stones which causes pain and discomfort. Nausea is a common symptom.

When the pain is severe and you're bent over, is usually when you are passing gallstones. This is potentially dangerous as the stones can get stuck in the ducts, they can also scar the ducts.

It is of course possible to have gallstone and have other unrelated diseases. Perhaps the reason they seem reluctant to make the diagnosis is your age. Generally gallbladder disease is a disease of older people, virtually everybody will get them at some point.

If your doctor has doubts they should run a HIDA Scan with cck. This is the gold standard test for testing gallbladder function. Some surgeons will require that you have the HIDA scan before they will operate, for others the presence of stones confirmed via ultrasound is good enough. Their concern is that there are multiplies problems and that removing your gallbladder will not solve them.

Keep pushing to get answers and results.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
    mikayla1990
    (female)

mikayla1990 HB User

Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
    swh22
    (male)

swh22 HB User

My wife had same problem gallbladder removed in 1990..ER in 1995... ER in 2000... ER in 2005... I have studied this and I elieve it's scar tissue blocking your bile duct causing severe pain,and your body can produce gallstones after gallstone removal... But my wife either passed the stone or the morphine helped with clogged bile duct .. Either way the never find anything but ai guarantee that's the cause... I don't know if doctors juct don't want to operate again for scar tissue!!!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
    swh22
    (male)

swh22 HB User

She has since almost died with kidney stones which put her in renal failure!!! but she hasn't had gallbladder pain in a while.. but it's pressure from bile from clogged bile dict!!! sorry workmanship!!! lol!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
    gall bladder nausea, gall bladder pain, gall bladder removal