It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Issues 1 month post op

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
    TwinsMom03
    (female)

TwinsMom03 HB User
    Issues 1 month post op

Hello,

I had my gallbladder removed one month ago today thought I was doing good as far as not getting the diarrhea that people talk about. I had loose BM the first week or so then they were pretty normal once a day. Then this past week I didn't have one tues, Wed or Thurs so Thurs night I took a stool softener & drank a dose of Metamucil well next day I got cleared out which was fine. But then Saturday morning I started at 5:00am with diarrhea it pretty much went on every half hour for 5 hours I also was having bad gassy pains after I would eat which I was sticking to the BRATY diet very bland foods. So by 3:00 I called my Gastro Dr they had the on call Dr call me he said it could be you were so backed up that everything is just clearing out or it could be an infection I was to stay on the bland foods & drink liquids and call back tomorrow if still happening. So 6:30 last night was my last episode until 5:00 am this morning when it started again this time though only very half hr for 3 hours. So called the Dr he. Said sounds more like an infection so called me in a prescription for Metronidazole (Flagyl) and I need to follow up with my reg Dr in the morning. I feel I took a few steps back ward in my recovery and feel depressed about it hoping the meds clear it up and I can get back to eating a more normal diet again. I feel also after reading different blogs that its like Iam starting all over it was good when I had full bowels that the bile wasn't flowing so much & giving me issues. Now that they are empty the bile is giving me problems.

Sorry so long just needed to get it out & also find out if anyone else on here has had anything similar happen to them. Thanks for listening

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread