It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

does this sound like gallbladder disease?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
carophil
(female)

carophil HB User
does this sound like gallbladder disease?

hey folks!

i've been having digestive issues for years, and it's gotten worse and worse over the past year or two. my main issue is that i cannot seem to digest food properly! whenever i eat anything, it just sits there for hours and hours and doesn't go anywhere. i take betaine HCL and digestive enzymes, and probiotics, but they don't really seem to help. i get PAINFULLY bloated after eating ANYTHING, it seems. i also can't seem to digest fats well - whenever i poop, there's oil all over the surface of the water.

some of my other symptoms, which i feel are related, are severe brain fog (feeling like i'm in a dream world all the time), severe dry eye, and chronic fatigue, and vaginal infections.

i've been treating myself for candida (an intestinal yeast infection) for the past year or so and have gotten better in certain aspects (vaginal stuff), but i seem to be getting worse every day when it comes to my digestive issues and bloating.

i had an episode the other night where i woke up very very nauseous, so bloated i could hardly breathe (despite not having eaten anything for a while), with my heart pounding really fast and loud. i went to the emergency room thinking i was having a heart attack or something, and the doctor suggested it might have been a gallbladder attack.

does this sounds right to you? after researching, some of the symptoms definitely fit.. but still, i am not sure. i NEVER have pain in the area of my gallbladder (upper right stomach?)... i've never even noticed a twinge of it coming from that area. it does make sense as far as the problems digesting food/fats, though.

do you think i could have gallbladder issues without any of the gallbladder pain? any info is much appreciated!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: does this sound like gallbladder disease?

Absolutely can have problems without the pain. A friend had nothing but nausea for 6 months. Kept thinking it was some sort of stomach bug. Finally did an ultrasound and she had stones. I'd see about doing that test and then a HIDA scan for function if the ultrasound is negative...

Old 10-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
carophil
(female)

carophil HB User

thank you! if it ends up being gallbladder issues, i wonder if they will recommend i get it taken out? i've heard things in both directions as far as the surgery goes - some people say it's worked wonders, and other say it's ruined their ability to digest anything. ugh. so much conflicting information..

Old 10-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

The overall failure rate for gb removal is around 2%. Most people, esp those who have stones, see great improvement. Those who are borderline on function, not so much. I had stones and am SO glad I had mine out. If it is a gb issue, you need to keep in mind that it can rupture, like an appendix, and that is potentially fatal.

Last edited by Titchou; 10-20-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:24 AM   #5
rainbowsrock
Senior Veteran
(female)

rainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB User

Domperidone is for nausea and moving food along from the stomach

When I was having gallblladder attacks before its removal I couldn't digest raw salad/veg and would get very bloated
Cheese and fatty things would bring on the awful pain

Closed Thread

Tags
candida, digestion, gallbladder attack, gallstones, ibs